M14 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
https://www.reddit.com/r/InStockAmmo/comments/xf0lbq
IMPORTANT RECALL NOTICE REGARDING CERTAIN .308 WIN NORMA TAC 147GR FMJ AMMUNITION MANUFACTURED IN GERMANY

Norma Precision Inc. ("NORMA") is issuing a voluntary recall of a specific SKU and corresponding Lots of .308 Win Norma Tac 147gr FMJ ammunition identified below due to possible performance inconsistencies in a small percentage of the ammunition.

DANGER: STOP USING YOUR .308 WIN NORMA TAC 147gr FMJ AMMUNITION IMMEDIATELY UNTIL IT HAS BEEN DETERMINED WHETHER YOUR AMMUNITION FALLS WITHIN THE BELOW SKU AND CORRESPONDING LOTS. FAILURE TO FOLLOW THIS INSTRUCTION COULD RESULT IN DAMAGE TO YOUR FIREARM AND/OR INJURY.

POTENTIALLY AFFECTED SKU/LOT NUMBERS

SKU LOT NOS. PLACE OF MANUFACTURE 2422027 59KQ, 58KQ, 61KQ, 60KQ, 42MQ, 44MQ, 45MQ, 48MQ 62MQ, 50MQ, 56MQ, 42RQ, 64RQ, 71RQ, 65TQ, 66TQ, 68TQ, 69TQ, 50UQ, 44UQ, 50KR, 58UQ, 65UQ, 70UQ, 54KR GERMANY

DESCRIPTION OF ISSUE

Through its quality control efforts, NORMA has identified possible inconsistencies with neck tension in a small number of cartridges within the ammunition SKU and corresponding Lots identified above that may allow the projectile to become loose including during transport. Continued use of the potentially affected ammunition could impact safe firearm performance leading to property damage and/or injury.

This issue may potentially impact a small percentage of cartridges within the SKU and corresponding Lots identified in the chart above.

If you are uncertain as to whether your ammunition falls with the potentially impacted SKU and corresponding Lots listed above, or if you have any additional questions concerning this notification or need assistance with these instructions, please contact a NORMA Customer Service Representative by email: [email protected] or phone: (912)-800-9332. For more information about this notice, you can also visit www.normashooting.com

HOW TO DETERMINE THE SKU/ARTICLE/LOT NUMBER FOR YOUR AMMUNITION

The SKU and corresponding Lot number for your ammunition is located on the packaging as follows:

WHAT TO DO IF YOUR AMMUNITION IS AFFECTED

Once you have determined, based on its SKU and corresponding Lot numbers, that your ammunition is one of the affected products, please submit a return request online at www.normashooting.com . Once we receive the returned, unfired, ammunition, we will refund your full purchase price for the returned, unfired, ammunition. This recall pertains only to the Lot numbers identified in this bulletin. Therefore, Norma will only reimburse customers for unfired product that is returned with these specific Lot numbers.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I decided to go ahead and email their customer service. According to the reply, they said they are working on the recall submissions in the order they were received. So earlier the better im assuming.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Looks like I have a box of lot 42RQ - which is on the list for the recall. Need to look into how to return it. Hopefully they will send a prepaid label or something. Anyone contact them yet?
I have 10 boxes of 50 rounds to return. Did the email the day they posted recall. Haven’t heard back. I called yesterday and got the run around of wait til your hear from them. Asked for replacement ammo which a resounding no. Time will tell what’s to come to resolve this.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have 10 boxes of 50 rounds to return. Did the email the day they posted recall. Haven’t heard back. I called yesterday and got the run around of wait til your hear from them. Asked for replacement ammo which a resounding no. Time will tell what’s to come to resolve this.
I received a return label this afternoon in email. They also asked if I need a shipping kit to return the ammo. I replied with I would like one. Will post when I hear back and receive the kit. Hopefully it will help someone looking for timeframes and action on Norma’s part.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I also got sent the label...but they told me they were sending boxes. when i asked "do i have to use their boxes?" they said yes. Which to me, doesnt really make sense if I have the necessary sized boxes and packing material instead of just waiting for some boxes to come. but i guess ill just use the boxes I have if their boxes dont show up in a timely manner.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
I just received an email from Norma confirming the number of boxes I had purchased and wanting to know if I still had the original shipping packaging. They said they would send packaging and a Fed Ex return label.
ph2
When did you fill out and submit the form? Just trying to get an idea when to expect a notice.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Anybody besides me shoot any of it?
I definitely shot around 300 rounds of the recalled ammo before the recall email was sent out. it shot fine interestedly enough. I actually believe the rest of my recalled norma ammo will shoot fine. this was just my experience, but when i first purchased the 308, couple of rounds were loose, as in the bullet was tumbling around inside the box with gunpowder spilt. I didnt think much of it. that was when i first purchased it back in January.

but one day, i was out at the range, still shooting the norma, i had a round in the chamber. i racked it clear, and the brass ejected fine, but then gunpowder spilt everywhere and the bullet itself just fell out. my theory is that the brass was "dragged out" but the bullet was stuck enough inside the chamber where it could be separated from the brass casing.

then another day i was at the range, and the same thing happened again. bullet separated from the brass casing when clearing the weapon (my m1a) safe. I concluded, its best to just drop the mag and shoot the remaining round in the chamber, then double check to make the rifle safe.

Im not telling you to keep shooting the recalled ammo, but just my experience with the matter. Ill def just end up returning it. rather have good working ammo, prob start buying PMC.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts