M14 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening and happy fathers day. I have a parts kit dieing for a build and i cant stand the wait for another JRA. I have a sweet JRA and LRB build, thinking about trying a Fulton. I know they are quality receivers with a good reputation, other then the material construction will I notice a difference when a shooting a cast receiver?

· Registered
6,482 Posts
Good evening and happy fathers day. I have a parts kit dieing for a build and i cant stand the wait for another JRA. I have a sweet JRA and LRB build, thinking about trying a Fulton. I know they are quality receivers with a good reputation, other then the material construction will I notice a difference when a shooting a cast receiver?
Function?

No.

· Registered
1,523 Posts
You'll know the difference in price. That's it.
Seems so. right now I have a Fulton purchased when Clint still had a fairly good supply of USGI parts (2005) and recently LRB SA. Next want a JRA based off the reviews from guys here knowing much more than me. For guys who maybe haven't seen what Clint McKee details as to cast (investment casting process) vs. forged vs. billet it's a good and short read here:

http://www.fulton-armory.com/m14-receiver-semi-automatic-fulton-armory.aspx

· Premium Member
22,891 Posts
I have used Fultons along with the rest. Nice receivers. The two things that I don't care for are the wide op rod rail and the fact they are cast.

The James River/ Bula Defense receivers are top shelf and I just would rather work with them than the others.

· Registered
4,986 Posts
I have used Fultons along with the rest. Nice receivers. The two things that I don't care for are the wide op rod rail and the fact they are cast.
Could you please elaborate on the wide op-rod rail for those of us without experience with Fulton receivers?

I make a point of trying to learn something new every time I visit the forum and the forum hasn't let me down yet.

· Registered
Custom service rifle builder
9,373 Posts
Wide op rod rails have one advantage in that they increase the contact surface between the receiver and stock, ie: improved bedding. It is thought that the original intent for the wide rail was to prevent folks from installing full auto components on the receiver.

Back when Springfield was the only game in town, we found the wide rail was beneficial in glass bedding on match grade rifles. After bedding more forged receivers than I care to count over the last 12 years I've concluded that it really doesn't make that much difference. Forged receivers are made to spec and don't have the wide rail.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.