M14 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fun while it lasted but I think I’m going to let her go.

I decided to put her all back to original before selling because I probably would never get what I want all extra bits included.

Look in the PX soon for a bunch of SEI, some sadlak, a couple stocks, a bunch of hand guards…. Slings….. tools. …when I get around to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
You could always list it first as is without taking it apart. Then if it doesn't sell for what you want then you could trade parts out and sell parts.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Don’t want to sell on here, sorry, it will be up for consignment most likely somewhere in Northern Virginia.

I have sadlak op rod spring guide and sling swivel pic rail. But I’ll post them in the PX when I get around to it.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Don’t want to sell on here, sorry, it will be up for consignment most likely somewhere in Northern Virginia.

I have sadlak op rod spring guide and sling swivel pic rail. But I’ll post them in the PX when I get around to it.

Don,

Send me PM for where you are thinking consignment in NOVA. I might be able to help a shipmate out with finding her a good home.

Reactions: Cowtownscout

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Any reason you’re parting ways?
Two kids. Not enough time to enjoy the hobby. I’d rather pay for the wife’s vacation and other bills. Also, when I do have time I shoot this and my M1 Carbine. I should be focusing on my AR. My dept doesn’t open up patrol rifle often and I want to be ready.

Had to put in all new HVAC… still owe $8000 on that… like to pay that off…

·
Registered
586 Posts
Two kids. Not enough time to enjoy the hobby. I’d rather pay for the wife’s vacation and other bills. Also, when I do have time I shoot this and my M1 Carbine. I should be focusing on my AR. My dept doesn’t open up patrol rifle often and I want to be ready.

I hear that. Just had another kid and now my wife wants to stay home. My ammo budget is now nil. The withdrawals will be horrific.
We just put in a new AC too which unfortunately has broken twice already in 6 months!

·
Registered
SA precision loaded
170 Posts

Yuck. You’re singing my exact tune, friend.

I’m selling my bike first. Hopefully not my M1A.

Reactions: Seabee71

·
Registered
195 Posts
that's the reason it took me 25 yrs before I could get a SA M1A loaded model was family first. I've had mine now for 2 years and added a SEI muzzle brake, Sadlak NM guide rod with wolf spring,Bassett scope mount with a Vortex Viper scope,Bradley Cheek rest, Harris bipod, and a wood hand guard. was looking for a slotted hand guard and couldn't find one

Reactions: MuleSkinner88

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
that's the reason it took me 25 yrs before I could get a SA M1A loaded model was family first. I've had mine now for 2 years and added a SEI muzzle brake, Sadlak NM guide rod with wolf spring,Bassett scope mount with a Vortex Viper scope,Bradley Cheek rest, Harris bipod, and a wood hand guard. was looking for a slotted hand guard and couldn't find one
I have a brown and a black one… they’ll be in the PX eventually.

·
Registered
12 Posts
In the mid90s I used to frequent a pawn shop. One lucky day a loaded SAM1A and a Colt HBAR came out of pawn.
I bought both and a few years later began shooting high power. I started with the M1A and then continued with the HBAR. I peaked when I reached Expert. A few times a year our club had a Garand match. I enjoyed competing with my 1903A3, tried my 1903, and even did well using a Swedish Mauser.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Anyone in Northern VA looking for a scout in a black polymer stock, there’s one on consignment at All Shooters in Woodbridge. Delete if not allowed.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts