M14 Forum banner
41 - 60 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Perhaps more important to helping the OP would be understanding what things are most important to him in his build, and why people have their opinions.

For my leaning Fulton it is this:
1) the fit and finish on my Fulton was nothing short of stunning

2) the smith who assembled it stated it went together with absolutely no issues and everything was in spec as it should be

3) though Bula seems to be a small part of the m14 market share, they seem to have a disproportionate amount of issues if you look at any forum or social media site related to the build

4) it seems, though I truly may be wrong as this is speculation, some have an in with Bula where they can get receivers and parts, rather than fully built rifles like the rest of us. It wouldn’t surprise me if those with those connections do not get the same quality parts that we see on some of the rifle builds (the machine marks on receivers, out of spec parts, barrel timing issues, and that wave of red/rust like corrosion people were complaining of a few months back).

·
Premium Member
8,579 Posts
Perhaps more important to helping the OP would be understanding what things are most important to him in his build, and why people have their opinions.

For my leaning Fulton it is this:
1) the fit and finish on my Fulton was nothing short of stunning

2) the smith who assembled it stated it went together with absolutely no issues and everything was in spec as it should be

3) though Bula seems to be a small part of the m14 market share, they seem to have a disproportionate amount of issues if you look at any forum or social media site related to the build

4) it seems, though I truly may be wrong as this is speculation, some have an in with Bula where they can get receivers and parts, rather than fully built rifles like the rest of us. It wouldn’t surprise me if those with those connections do not get the same quality parts that we see on some of the rifle builds (the machine marks on receivers, out of spec parts, barrel timing issues, and that wave of red/rust like corrosion people were complaining of a few months back).
Thank you, for an honest reply, seems honestly is a rare commodity!

MORE THAN A HOBBY, A PASSION!

REN🇺🇸

·
Registered
175 Posts
Can't recommend Bula. Mine has been back multiple times and still shoots several inches to the right at 100 yards with the sights centered. I went through two different receivers with Bula and both are not to what they should be. I have to adjust the rear left to the first notch to get it to POA and that's just not okay for the price. The function is good and the accuracy with the modified GI profile barrel is actually blew away all expectations. The machining isn't okay on the rifle though. Looks worse than anything I have from SDS imports, and that is speaking to two separate complete rifles with machine marks and other just goofiness. The trigger is definitely one of the best triggers on the platform I've seen out of the box. I also want to note the stock was applying a lot of pressure to the barrel and had to be relieved.

I have a springfield loaded on the way I scooped up at RK guns for like 1700$ and we'll see how compares. I may keep the Bula scoped since the performance is actually pretty good and fulfill my iron sight dreams with the springer.

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
The Fulton cast vs LRB forged is not a significant concern. Either are excellent choices. A decade ago, some of the Fulton receiver had an orange-peel look to them but it was only a cosmetic issue.

·
Premium Member
20,399 Posts
Haven't had a single problem with the dozens of Bula receivers that I have turned into excellent shooting rifles.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Haven't had a single problem with the dozens of Bula receivers that I have turned into excellent shooting rifles.
When did you purchase the last Bula receiver?

Were any of your Bula's built by Bula, and if so, when did you purchase it?

Chronology matters here and without that recommendations are at best incomplete and at worst misleading. New, inexperienced purchasers should be provided the context.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have had nine different M1As or M14s, but they all had cast receivers, I wanted a forged receiver so I ordered a Bula from Bula, with national match barrel, nice wood, metal finish is good, I have about 300 rounds through it no problems, it shoots just as good as all my other brands, I bought it last fall. I have two SA Super Matches, the Bula shoots right along with them, of course, at my age, 79 any rifle will shoot better than I can now.

·
Premium Member
20,399 Posts
When did you purchase the last Bula receiver?

Were any of your Bula's built by Bula, and if so, when did you purchase it?

Chronology matters here and without that recommendations are at best incomplete and at worst misleading. New, inexperienced purchasers should be provided the context.
Last one about a year ago while I was waiting for 3 LRBs.
Yes, one .450 Bushmaster and a couple of 6.5 Creedmoor barreled actions when Deuceguy was the only assembler for Bula. This was when Bula started putting their own product together.
I think the chronology is a myth that has been introduced intentionally to create questions.
New inexperienced purchasers of anything should do their homework and know what it is that they are buying and how to inspect it. That has not been the case in many of the posted problems with all manufacturers of firearms. The expectations of the unknowing are impossible oftentimes to meet. These are not ARs.

New Bula receivers and parts from the time period you are suggesting some out of spec may have popped up but I am guessing that most came out nice and there are more happy owners than not.

Wood Engineering Rectangle Pattern Metal
Household hardware Yellow Automotive tire Cylinder Auto part
Tin Drinkware Rectangle Font Material property
Black Font Auto part Engineering Machine

·
Premium Member
8,579 Posts
The big question is why is the manufacturer/site sponsor letting anyone answer for them?
A few more questions:
Why aren't they caring enough to make sure the rifle is as close to perfect as possible?
Why are any parts that are out of spec even being used?

The amount of propaganda is getting to be laughable.
Thanks,
Those are the questions that need to be answered. Until they are bula will not get a dime of my money, cause with their production there are just too many variables.

MORE THAN A HOBBY, A PASSION!

REN

·
Premium Member
20,399 Posts
The big question is why is the manufacturer/site sponsor letting anyone answer for them?
A few more questions:
Why aren't they caring enough to make sure the rifle is as close to perfect as possible?
Why are any parts that are out of spec even being used?

The amount of propaganda is getting to be laughable.
I am going to guess because they are well aware of one with an agenda that knows the facts much better than they are letting on and attempting to get even for something in the past.
Example of parts out of spec please? And by who's definition?

I think they are way more professional and honorable than to enter into what is obviously a campaign of disrespect.

41 - 60 of 71 Posts