·
Premium Member
Annoying Nerd
1,369 Posts
Reactions: deuceguy

·
Registered
53 Posts
I stand partially corrected. The point is the six for a dollar yellow #2 pencil does every bit as good a job as the million dollar pen. The problem of weightless writing was solved a good hundred years before we put man in space. I've been a government contractor for a long time and know how the game is played.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
From my experience, if you want the very best available then it is hands down the LRB, just my experience.
Fulton is a very close second but with a cast receiver versus the forged one for LRB and perhaps that is not a requirement for you. Fulton always seems to be well finished and am sure they are reliable and as accurate as most.
Some would say that Bula has some "teething problems" but a firearm is not something you should have any problems with regardless of model you purchase. It should be test fired by mfg. prior to releasing to the customer, no exceptions.
Choose wisely.

·
Registered
53 Posts
From my experience, if you want the very best available then it is hands down the LRB, just my experience.
Fulton is a very close second but with a cast receiver versus the forged one for LRB and perhaps that is not a requirement for you. Fulton always seems to be well finished and am sure they are reliable and as accurate as most.
Some would say that Bula has some "teething problems" but a firearm is not something you should have any problems with regardless of model you purchase. It should be test fired by mfg. prior to releasing to the customer, no exceptions.
Choose wisely.
I have corresponded with Bula and they did test fire the rifle and it functioned fine. They did not fire with every mag I received (because only one mag shipped with the gun and the others were separate purchases) and one of the mags seemed to have a level of preservative on it that was not on the others. The mags came from Atlantic and the feeding problems I'm having have been isolated to one particular mag. So the meeting problem is not a gun problem, per se, but a gun to mag issue.

·
Registered
6,185 Posts
Comparison shopping, and presuming a complete rifle is being ordered, I was surprised to see that Fulton and LRB are neck-and-neck, whereas Bula was considerably lower. Granted, I didn't look on current wait times to complete orders.

From lowest to highest....

Bula

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Shotgun Machine gun

Fulton

Trigger Gun barrel Rectangle Air gun Font

LRB

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Shotgun Wood

Granted, these are all more expensive than a new Springfield M1A:

Font Output device Rectangle Automotive exterior Brand

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Get a LRB. If you're not patient, go with Fulton. You can't go wrong on companies that are 100% firearms manufacturers/builders. The LRB and Fulton receivers were uneventful to build on.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Get a LRB. If you're not patient, go with Fulton. You can't go wrong on companies that are 100% firearms manufacturers/builders. The LRB and Fulton receivers were uneventful to build on.
i think lrb rifles are 1 year, and fulton rifles are 6 months. I received my fulton receiver in 1 week, back when they had them for sale.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
I'm 80 years old and long waiting times are less of an option these days. I'm even starting to reconsider instant coffee.
I have 3 Springfield Armory standards and haven't had any issues. No wait time. Picked them all up at local stores. Priced like the one above.

·
Premium Member
1,180 Posts
i think lrb rifles are 1 year, and fulton rifles are 6 months. I received my fulton receiver in 1 week, back when they had them for sale.
Just talked to Patti and Zack the other day, (when ordering my new Mystery Rifle) both told me if ever I have a problem they would take care of it.
Zack did say this: "Now, if you shoot 50,000 rounds through it . . .well then that's a different matter."

Now this is for their . . . . .on the M14s? I don't know.
FAR-15 Legacy Rifle**

·
Registered
289 Posts
I "recently" bought a Bula. Took months and $$$$ to get it right through Tony Ben. We both lost $ fixing Bula's issues.

This is my opinion, buying new, now.

1. Fulton for a 6-month delivery if you are OK with a cast receiver. I bought a .308 Garand conversion from Fulton and it is superb.

2. LRB, forged and 12-month gestation period. I ordered one months ago.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Is the Fulton's street price really that close to an LRB? I was very surprised, and stand behind my suggestion for an LRB. I've waited almost 6 months for a custom holster and mag carrier before. Waiting a year for what many would consider the finest M14 clone that exists seems almost reasonable.

21 - 40 of 71 Posts