M14 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,180 Posts
You could also get to 50 posts and get the fulton lugged rifle in a McMillan stock for sale for 2,500. That would be what I would do, at least...
Yep, me too!
38 posts?
You need 12 more, ask us 12 questions and you'll be good to go.
In fact, here's a couple of questions for you to answer:
I just ordered a Fulton the other day, great company to deal with.
I already have a Polytech Fulton M14 USGI Upgrade.
Would you like to ask some questions about it, and/or what I ordered?
That will give you a few questions to up your post count.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I had the same question and after much research and asking around I purchased a Bula. Cost was not a factor for me. I knew I was going to spend more than two grand. Whatever you buy, you will have to ultimately make it your gun. That means there will be tweaking and tuning. I remember my time with the government issued M14s. I had experience with them twice. Once back when one was issued to me in the '60s and much later as a civilian working for the Navy in the '90s. I spoke to armorers I knew then and some who still work with the guns. The answer I got back pretty much uniformly is that I wanted the forged action built to mil specs, but even then there would be some variance from gun to gun in the assembly. You can take any dozen guns selected at random from the armory all from the same supplier and find variances. With my Bula I have had teething issues, but I have isolated the primary issue to a single mag. Since I bought a half dozen with the gun it took some time to find the problem. The gun gun shoots well. I have the national match barrel and it is more accurate than I am, I'm sure. I'm a little more than 100 rounds into it so it is still a puppy.

·
Registered
6,186 Posts
I'm sure there are as many opinion as there are posters.
Without a doubt.

I own multiples of both, each built from a barreled action with head-spaced bolt. The Fulton's went together like legos; the Bula's... well, took a bit of tweaking, but they all work now.

My next rifle build will probably be a Fulton. But that's just me.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Without a doubt.

I own multiples of both, each built from a barreled action with head-spaced bolt. The Fulton's went together like legos; the Bula's... well, took a bit of tweaking, but they all work now.

My next rifle build will probably be a Fulton. But that's just me.
We have to remember the M14 is a government project... They are the guys that produced the $700 toilet seat and spent millions designing a pen to write in space when the Russians used a pencil. I remember taking M14s out of the locker on a DDG and some were really nice and a couple were dogs and all were built to the same spec and came from the same contractor and maintained by the same crew.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts