M14 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking around the Fulton Armory website just now, and noticed that they have a USGI contour walnut stock. the stock does not have a selector lever cut out either.

Anyone have this stock?

Does it come with all the metal?

How does the grip of this stock compare with that of an actual USGI walnut stock? Does it have a thicker grip.thinner grip, or the same same?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
270 Posts
stock

I have a few of these and love them. Slightly thicker than a GI. Not metal with the ones I got and unfinished. These are by far my favorite stocks. Just pricey. Wish I knew who made them.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a few of these and love them. Slightly thicker than a GI. Not metal with the ones I got and unfinished. These are by far my favorite stocks. Just pricey. Wish I knew who made them.
No metal liner either?

When you mean slightly thicker, are you referring to the stock overall, or just the grip?

·
Registered
193 Posts
This one, for $149.95?

"Stock, GI Contour New Walnut, with or without Selector Cut, No Metal
Our Exclusive!

GI Contour Stock Front, Compare to Medium Weight Stock, Rear"

When Fulton says "no metal" they mean no metal--wood only.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Both the grip area behind trigger guard and forward of that all seem to be a bit thicker, not much at all. Much thinner than the SAI walnuts. I'd like the fultons stocks on all my guns.

·
Registered
854 Posts
I got one of these (with the selector cut) and used it on my LRB build back in 2005. A great stock, I'm completely satisfied with it. I wanted an unfinished stock because I wanted to do my own custom finish from the ground up without having to strip the finish from a USGI stock down to the pores. It came out great, and I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

BTW - I believe that this stock is actually made by Boyds and then shipped to Fulton (as an exclusive run) but I have no proof to back this up, so take this FWIWGI2

·
Registered
88 Posts
I got one of these (with the selector cut) and used it on my LRB build back in 2005. A great stock, I'm completely satisfied with it. I wanted an unfinished stock because I wanted to do my own custom finish from the ground up without having to strip the finish from a USGI stock down to the pores. It came out great, and I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

BTW - I believe that this stock is actually made by Boyds and then shipped to Fulton (as an exclusive run) but I have no proof to back this up, so take this FWIWGI2
Yes, this is correct - Boyds walnut stock. I have a 100% factory Fulton Armory full size 22" rifle and it came with a Boyds stock. The "Boyds" name is actually printed inside the stock right under where the gas cylinder & piston resides.

45 ACPGI5

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Interesting. Thanks for the info everyone.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts