M14 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever used one in a build? I'm thinking about building an A1 or A2 clone. I have used parts from them in M-1 Garands and Carbines and I wanted to know if the AR parts they carry are any good. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Greetings,

I haven't used one myself but heard they are just fine.

As an alternative, LRB has uppers and lowers on sale right now. I've used a couple of each and they are VERY nice.

Regards, Jim

·
Registered
558 Posts
Fulton are receivers (and uppers) are perfect as well as LRB... They both put out an equally fine product in terms of AR receivers...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Greetings,

I haven't used one myself but heard they are just fine.

As an alternative, LRB has uppers and lowers on sale right now. I've used a couple of each and they are VERY nice.

Regards, Jim
I saw that as well. I might have to get one of the lowers from them.

·
Registered
193 Posts
My first M16A1 clone was built by Fulton using a C7 upper (M16A1 with brass deflector). It is fine. I don't know if this is still the case, but back then, Fulton sourced their AR receivers from DPMS.

I've built two more authentic looking M16A1 clones myself since then using uppers and lowers from Nodak Spud and I cannot recommend them too highly. I also have one of their 10/22 receivers. The receivers I have received from them have been flawless.

I am NOT knocking Fulton. I have done plenty of business with them over the past seven or eight years. For a retro AR build, though, Nodak Spud is my "go to" vendor.

The "retro forum" on AR15.com is a good resource for an M16 or M16A1 build. Correct M16A1 uppers, and lowers without the M16A2 changes, are hard to find. I was fortunate enough to get complete M16A1 upper halfs for my A1 builds, but they are harder to find now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts