M14 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I damaged my SA Scout Squad barrel and brake and need to replace both. What can I expect from Fulton Armory or Springfield Armory; workmanship, cost, turn time?
Thanks...

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
Don't know about any costs or times, like blacktail said, that's on you, but I think either one would do a great job for you, I have used both company's and would recommend either.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Of the two go with Fulton and get yourself a NM medium profile barrel. Better yet, wait a month and order a Bula 19.25 NM medium profile barrel and have one of the resident forum smiths do the install (Bula is a Cleveland, OH company BTW). Just a thought!

Leon McKee

I damaged my SA Scout Squad barrel and brake and need to replace both. What can I expect from Fulton Armory or Springfield Armory; workmanship, cost, turn time?
Thanks...

·
Registered
959 Posts
Thanks...
SAI has a lifetime warranty contact SAI and see what they can do for you. Fulton is fine but be prepared for sticker shock.

Reactions: hmaldo

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
It's an SAI and surely they could do what you are wanting without messing it up and as for Fulton speak with them about doing the job on a SAI rifle?? Fulton is quality but a bit pricey and slow turn around, but it will be right when you get it back. Just a suggestion.

·
Super Moderator
3,765 Posts
Of the two go with Fulton and get yourself a NM medium profile barrel. Better yet, wait a month and order a Bula 19.25 NM medium profile barrel and have one of the resident forum smiths do the install (Bula is a Cleveland, OH company BTW). Just a thought!

Leon McKee
trbrown47.....

If SAI will cover your barrel and flashhider damage under warranty, then let them do the warranty work as they do have a good warranty.

If not, I would go with "leonmckee" recommendation above i.e. -> the BULA Forge 19,25" barrel. They shoot very well and will allow you to service your gas system without pulling your flashhider off your rifle. The length is shorter than the 22" and slightly longer versus the scout at ~18.5" -> the 19.25" is one of my favorite set-ups and the barrels are fantastic for the money.

Good luck either way...

M1Army

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
I'd be shocked if SAI covered the repairs for a damaged barrel and muzzle brake unless it was an issue with the parts themselves that caused the problem.

It won't cost anything to find out, though!

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
Hi,
Ok, I'll say it!

I'm not crazy about SA rifles!

I to would go the BULA route!

I have actually bought 3 of them (barrels) here from members in the PX and they look nice!

A best buy for sure!

Reactions: Jeff42899

·
Registered
3,231 Posts

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Either is fine. SAI is cheaper and has worked for me. Lots more opinions to come but overall it's up to you and I think you will be happy with both, your wallet not so much.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for the feedback folks, I am shipping it to SA for repair. I am so happy with it, I want it fixed right, and after all they built it.
Someone asked what happened. As embarrassing as it is; I left a laser boresight in while sighting my scope. It speaks to how easily a mistake can happen (been shooting for over 50 years). Split the end of the barrel and distorted the muzzle brake (Looking at a little north of $300.)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.