M14 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have for sale an M14 / M1A rifle operating rod. It is my understanding this rod is a one piece forging, possibly made in South Korea. It is marked 7267064 FA and in excellent original condition. I purchased this directly from Fulton Armory some years ago.

My Terms: Price is $180 shipped. I will accept your personal check or a USPS Money Order.

Operating Rod has been SOLD!

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
How many rounds shot with it? Any idea? Do you have calipers to measure the tab thickness?

Thanks
Justin

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Justin... here's a little more "history" on this rod....

I purchased the rod directly from Fulton Armory and have owned it for several years. I use is as a "spare" for use in my SAI SOCOM 16 rifle. I have fired two full 20 round magazines (40 rounds total) in that rifle with the Fulton Armory rod installed. According to my notes, I experienced two failure to extract while shooting the first magazine. I was shooting the rifle with a recoil buffer between the receiver and the rod. I removed that buffer and then shot the second magazine of cartridges. I did not experience any failures while shooting that 2nd magazine.

The rod passes the "tilt test" in my rifle without any issues. The cylinder face of the rod is well centered with my rifle's gas cylinder / piston. I can't, of course, warranty how it might work on a different rifle.

I measured the tab using my calipers. The tab has dimensions of approximately .331" width X .317" height X .095" depth (average of 4 measurements each dimension). The edges show little wear. and the tab itself appears square.

See photo for close-up of the tab.

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
Thanks. Sounds like a good rod. I fit doesn't get snatched up I may be interested in a couple of weeks. Finishing up Christmas Shopping now.

Justin

1 - 6 of 6 Posts