M14 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I ordered a Fulton Armory NM flash hider with bayonet lug for my M1A standard. The rifle has a Springfield NM front sight on it. My question is will the Springfield NM front sight work with the Fulton flash hider, or do I need Fulton's NM front sight as well? Thanks!

·
Registered
5,679 Posts
Seems it should. Unscrew your sight and tap it off your current FS, slide it onto the new FS. It should fit snugly without having to file any metal to get it on and without farmer-tightening it to keep it in place.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I will install it soon. I am curious if both flash hiders and sights have the same dimensions as to not affect the POI? I thought I remembered seeing a thread on this subject where a member ran into this problem but I have not found it.

·
Registered
744 Posts
The only thing you'll need to do after putting the sight and FS on your rifle, is re zero. As to getting the windage set up, set your windage center and move the front sight. So you shoot to point of aim, then your good to go.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Can anyone tell me if Fulton's are forged or cast?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Bump....

Anyone know if Fulton's FS is forged or cast?

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
Cast.

I just took my FORGED USGI FH off and replaced it with a cast NM reamed unit (SAI I think) because the rifle is more accurate with it. I also took off my USGI front sight and replaced it with a commercial .062 NM front, because I can shoot it more accurately.

The commercial FH took ever so slight taps with a mallet to seat it. The USGI was a rather sloppy loose fit. This was on a Criterion med wt bbl.

In this case taking off the USGI stuff was an upgrade, cast or otherwise.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Well shoot...GI9

Are there any new forged NM flash hiders available?

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
Well shoot...GI9

Are there any new forged NM flash hiders available?

Yes, buy a standard USGI FORGED flash hider and pay to have it reamed and re parked. You will have a $150 in a flash hider that you will not be able to tell the difference from a cast commercial one for $40.

Sometimes the USGI koolaid is not only unsweetend, it's unneccesarily expensive. TRW koolaid is even worse....GI2

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
From what I have read USGI flash hiders can be forged or cast I may be wrong but I know I read it some where.

·
Resident Rascal
13,508 Posts
Yes, buy a standard USGI FORGED flash hider and pay to have it reamed and re parked. You will have a $150 in a flash hider that you will not be able to tell the difference from a cast commercial one for $40.

Sometimes the USGI koolaid is not only unsweetend, it's unneccesarily expensive. TRW koolaid is even worse....GI2
Now I like the way this fellow thinks!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts