M14 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, Looking at placing an order with Fulton Armory for an Enhanced Service rifle.

Trying to choose between barrels and I’m curious what y’all think between their standard Gov’t Profile Chrome Lined “match grade” vs the Criterior medium profile 1/10 Chrome-Moly barrel.
If they’re going to group fairly close to one another I’d just as soon have chrome lining.
Anyone familiar with both enough to make an educated suggestion?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I’m going on the record to say the OP needs to get one of each and report back in a few years.
I’m not against that, per se. Think I’ll order with the standard profile CL and see if it fills my needs, if not I can always spin on a medium match grade.

thanks for everyone’s input!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Why doesn’t anyone choose Douglas barrels any more!? Am I that old?
whichever you choose, I would go with a medium weight and for sure 1:10 if sending 168 gr rounds.
I've used Douglas barrels in AR precision rifles in the past and had great luck with them. Very accurate.

I've decided to try out the gov't profile CL barrel from the start so I can shoot the platform without worrying about it too much. I'll mainly be shooting irons and M80 ball for the time being. I live in SE GA where it's pretty humid and I don't go crazy about white glove cleaning my rifles after every outing unless it's one of my specific precision rifles, so not having to worry about punching a bore every time is always nice.

If I end up liking the platform enough, though, my plans are to send it off to someone and have it accurized into an M21. In which case I'll swap to a 1:10 match barrel with appropriate ammunition.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts