M14 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how good is a fulton
ar-15 ,compared to a colt ar-15? seen where fulton makes the A-1 model like i carred in army 30 years ago they also make a A-2 like colts ,which i might get instead ,i just cant cotton to the m-4 style ,but did not know which brand to get or how good fulton was with AR-15 ,heard they are good with M1A's

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
I don't know anything about Fulton's AR's, I love my R6600 Green Label Colt. But I also have a Bushmaster (BFI) Heavy Barrel A2, that is a exact copy and extremely well made.

I don't think much of the New Bushmaster company, but I think Windham Weaponry makes a good AR. WW is the former BFI before Freedom Buyout.

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
The Colt trademark has a certain value that others do not, but that alone does not make it a superior firearm in terms of performance, but does have an edge in future resale value if that is of importance to you. Fulton AR15's from the ones I have handled, shot, etc. are a top quality firearm in all respects and pretty much duplicate GI issue. Fit and finish on Fulton is first class. Their A2 model would be my choice but you can't go wrong with either one.

5,445 Posts
My BCM AR feels and shoots better than my Colt AR does... all factory components.

That said... my Colt AR is just fine as is and I'd gladly field it any day of the week. My BCM is simply crafted to tighter tolerances (or at least it feels/seems that way).

As to the original question... I've sought out Fulton AR owners and their opinions reviews but no AR owners (that I know) seem to own a Fulton AR.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.