M14 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Watched full metal jacket today....i tried very hard to see if those bolts they were using during field strip exercise was welded but to no avail even in beautiful 46" 1920x1080 res i couldnt see it.

ne1 know if its movie magic again(used for firing blanks) or are those drill rifles?

·
Registered
329 Posts
Full Metal Jacket

There were several M-14 blank guns in an armory in LA when the movie was made. It's actually far easier to make blank guns then people realize. Even the GE's were made to work with blanks. First Blank gun I ever saw was a Thompson over at Deano Martin's house that his Dad had brought home from a movie. He took that and an MP-40 and had them rebarreled to fully functional and got busted for it. Dad had power tho, Deano went Air National Guard and was killed in an F4 crash.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Better shooting

PS,

Go to the Champion's Choice web site and take a look at:
Canvas shooting coat
Good leather sling either full or a cheater sling
shooting glove

Learn a better prone position. The rifle you're using can shoot accurately to 1000 yards if you put three things together:
Brownells has books on position shooting and a DVD I think

Accurize the rifle
Learn better shooting, especially from the old Hi Power or PALMA shooters.
Handload ammo.

My Devine gave me incredible accuracy for 2 1/2 USGI NM barrels. I bedded it with Acraglas, not devcon. I used Devcon when working on 14s.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.