M14 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Boyds walnut stock that I'm in the process of refinishing. It doesn't have the front swivel attached. I bought new mounting rivets & washers from Fulton Armory, but I haven't been able to locate anyone who can properly swage them, or anyone who can provide the tooling so I can do it myself. I really prefer to avoid using hex cap screws. I want it to be as close to USGI as an M1A can be. I want the rivets to have that "rolled-over" appearance on the inside of the stock, and not simply "flared out, anyone with a hammer & punch could do it that way! Does anyone out there have the tooling or know where to get it. How about does anyone out there perform this service?

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
"Welcome Aboard" and glad to have ya here ... :wink:

Our very own board owner aka Hawk does this particular service I believe and I am sure he will get back with you on this as soon as he comes home from work tonite .....

He does a lot of work on wood stocks ... :wink:

http://www.sparrowhawkm14.com/

Hope to see you around the board as much as time permits ...

Have a super day!

Six

·
Banned
10,629 Posts
Yes I can do the rivets for you on the front swivel, however I am in the process of desiogning some economy rivet punches. Hopefully it won't be long before I have them available. Trying to play catch up again on dummy kit orders :( ....Check back with me in about a week and I might have them available.

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
Da Mans a genius ...

Designing tools to get the job done ... :wink:

Good work hawk!

Sixer

1 - 4 of 4 Posts