M14 Forum banner

front sight wrapper

3878 Views 8 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  Ted Brown
Can you tell me if these are NM front sights or standard front sights? also, who manufactured them. Here is what is on the package.
The bar code type NSN is 1005-00-980-5203

Cage 19200 P/N 7791122

Sight, Front

M10-02/00c

I can send you a pic of it if you like. Thanks for the help.
Hytek
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
7,107 Posts
Cage code 19200 is for Picatinny Arsenal. Frankford Arsenal closed a long time ago and did not manufacture or package parts for small arms. They were solely an ammunition facility. I think it would be difficult to speak authoritatively without first viewing the part. Packaging is so easily faked.

· Registered
Custom service rifle builder
9,250 Posts
That's interesting. I pulled the federal supply code for manufacturers out of TM 9-1005-223-12P. On page 3 it shows code 19200 as Frankford Arsenal and 19203 as Picatinny Arsenal. I know Frankford produced ammunition, but this would seem to indicate they did more.

· Registered
5,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It won't let me upload the pic. I will email it to you two guys if you will pm me your email addresses.

Update. I got it to take a compressed picture. If you still want the original, just pm me your email address and I will send you the full size pic.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.