M14 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

Registered
Where I work (Montana gun store) we normally sell around 10 guns per day (of all kinds). On Black Friday we sold 106 guns and the following day we sold over 30 guns (as of when I quit working for the day). People in general are buying more guns, unfortunately a lot of them are leftists that think that they need to protect themselves from the right wing fanatics. Of course, those same leftists will be easily overcome and we can then just take their guns and ammo...馃榿

Registered
When the mag ban was passed here a while back, they were selling like hot dogs.
Its amazing!
If you want to make sure something sells big time, just let the govt ban it. Sales thru the roof!
But somehow this never seems to figure into the thinking of those behind these bans.
They never think, " but gee whiz, wont that just make people go out and buy a bunch of them?!"

Stupid people.

Registered
Yes, short term the banners lose.

Long term they win, as long as law enforcement enforces the laws.

Magazines and guns hidden in attics or buried in pvc tubes in the backyard may seem like a victory to some, but long term it's a loss for owners as they can't use their property without danger of BATF involvement. And that's what going to happen before the next generation takes over. A generation where few know about these things, has them, uses them and wants to retain them. Because the previous generation squirreled them away and was understandably afraid to acknowledge possession.

Enjoy the irony now, it won't last. Best to relocate now to a friendlier state and exercise your 2nd and 10th Amendment rights.

Registered
Democrats and progressive-liberals sell more guns and ammo than the NRA has ever done in its wildest dreams.

It's like the "every time a bell rings an angle gets its wings" saying only with guns it's "every time a Dem pol opens his or mouth about gun control, an FFL rings his cash register."

Registered
I unfortunately did not buy a new gun before the ban. I wanted to, but I have a thing called a wife and she controls my money. Which is good because if it wasn鈥檛 for her I鈥檇 have no money lol. I think I鈥檒l wait and see what happens with the lawsuit. I want a nice revolver. A .357. I own a little stubby .357 but I want something with a longer barrel. I would elect to get a different cal. revolver but I have so much .38 and .357 it just makes sense to me to get a .357.

Registered
Where I work (Montana gun store) we normally sell around 10 guns per day (of all kinds). On Black Friday we sold 106 guns and the following day we sold over 30 guns (as of when I quit working for the day). People in general are buying more guns, unfortunately a lot of them are leftists that think that they need to protect themselves from the right wing fanatics. Of course, those same leftists will be easily overcome and we can then just take their guns and ammo...馃榿
Or just maybe, these are people on the "left" who have seen the light, and recognize the value of being able to effectivly defend one's self. Consider the adage, "A liberal is just a conservative who has never been mugged."

This is why I always offer to take anti-gunners shooting. You'd be surprised how much attitudes can change with a little experience shooting. Start them with a .22LR, of course, and for heaven's sake, conduct a hands-on safety lesson before the trip.

Registered
I'm thinking I need 4 more AR-15's. One for the wife and each kid. Plus a spare. And one more M1A as a spare. And a Glock 17 as a spare. 2 is s 1 and 1 is none. Pretty good on magazines though. My wife just doesn't seem to agree with me
Buy the receivers and built them up slowly.

Registered
Buy the receivers and built them up slowly.
This didn't work out well post-1994. I know as I had two Bushmaster lowers in 1994 that became caught up in the BATF position that only fully-built, documented rifles from the factory pre-crime bill escaped the provisions of the ban. Stripped lowers or fully built lowers manufactured pre-bill passage did not count as preban.

This debate was never resolved and became moot in 2004, but my advice would be maybe buy a couple of stripped lower receivers but do not count on them to be deemed a legit rifle down the road.

Registered
This didn't work out well post-1994. I know as I had two Bushmaster lowers in 1994 that became caught up in the BATF position that only fully-built, documented rifles from the factory pre-crime bill escaped the provisions of the ban. Stripped lowers or fully built lowers manufactured pre-bill passage did not count as preban.

This debate was never resolved and became moot in 2004, but my advice would be maybe buy a couple of stripped lower receivers but do not count on them to be deemed a legit rifle down the road.
You had the receivers, the only thing you couldn't buy were magazines. As far as I remember, everything else was still available.

Registered
The complete lowers could not be assembled with an upper with Preban features. No bayonet lug, threaded barrel, flashhider.

of course it makes no sense but various BATF and other sources made the claim that only existing complete rifle at the time the law went into effect could have the evil features. Therefore preban stripped lowers and complete lowers were considered postban And their value and utility were greatly diminished, not to mention the possibility of unintended legal entrapment.

Registered
Firearms are like fireworks, you either love'em or hate'em. Maybe I'm to old or stupid to understand America or why there is so much hate in this country, if we don't agree on something we don't have to hate each other. Read history(that is trying to be erased) or your Bible for what's coming here. I served my country for 5 years, & am no felon & am not mentally unfit, just old & cratchety. When they change laws to make me a criminal I say come get my stuff but, I will not just hand them over...!!!

Registered

Because the AWB covered non-functional, cosmetic aspects, I thought it was laughable, other than the mag limit. The Eagle Arms M15 I bought in 2000 was nothing less than a regular AR, but without a flash suppressor and a bayonet lug.

A continuing problem with the anti-gunners has always been their ignorance. Most of them still think the AWB actually changed anything. Ignorance also explains why current bans and proposed bans cover the "tactical" Ruger Mini-14s, even though the Ranch Rifle with a wooden stock has the same capabilities as the tactical models.

sigh

This is a big reason I like to take anti-gunners shooting.

Registered
Fall of 1994 one of my local gunshops had a then-current production Colt Sporter for sale. It had sat for months at ~$750. The AWB passed and the price went to $2,100. It sold in a few days.

That's one reason why the 'buy a built rifle vs. lower only' matters.

Registered
Fall of 1994 one of my local gunshops had a then-current production Colt Sporter for sale. It had sat for months at ~$750. The AWB passed and the price went to $2,100. It sold in a few days.

That's one reason why the 'buy a built rifle vs. lower only' matters.
Are you worried about value of something you purchased down the road?

Or are you worried about black helicopters and SUV's surrounding your property?

Registered
Democrats and progressive-liberals sell more guns and ammo than the NRA has ever done in its wildest dreams.

It's like the "every time a bell rings an angle gets its wings" saying only with guns it's "every time a Dem pol opens his or mouth about gun control, an FFL rings his cash register."
A lot of liberals and 1st time purchasers bought guns when COVID hit. Kinda hypocritical......for the liberals. And I'm just guessing liberals as a program of a gun store owner was talking about many folks buying guns that live in liberal areas.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts