·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Rifle and 100yd range

First group

Second, a bit over corrected.

3rd and final group of the day.

Cost me $.60/round from Freedom Munitions w/free shipping. I would definitely recommend for plinking, definitely seems like it's capable of being pushed out to longer ranges too. I won't be able to push it out to 300 until October.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Freedom Munitions has always been good quality stuff. Just picked up 1500rds of 124gr 9mm last weekend with free shipping. I've also ben shooting their 230gr .45 and 147/150gr 300blackout for a while now.

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
I have shot quite a bit of Freedom Munition ammo, both new and reman in 7.62x51, 5.56, 9mm, .38, .40, and .45ACP. It all shot well and I have never had a problem.

·
Registered
3,822 Posts
What are the green things at the top of the screen in the first picture???

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
I would say they are bullet baffles, put there to catch bullets fired at too high an angle from the shooting position.

·
Registered
3,822 Posts
I would say they are bullet baffles, put there to catch bullets fired at too high an angle from the shooting position.
WOW........Must be loud shooting at that range!!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have heard of people having issues with their .223 because of large variations in muzzle velocity. I didn't know what people thought of reman ammo around here so I figured I'd try to share my experiences.

Yes it is loud here. The range is smack dab in the middle of a residential area, it's been there since before any housing developments existed. It's a strict range (one round in the magazine only) because they're on thin ice. Homeowners want it gone so their houses will go up in value.

Fine by me if you're just there to zero or test ammo out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts