M14 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8,964 Posts
And what exactly part of the world you are in? ..sir? You want to hash out some history - I am game.

Custer may be a joke to you..but I will put him up there amongst the very best. Who do you have in mind that can come close in his time?
I really don’t want to beat up on anybody but having spent a life time studying Native American culture, I can say your position is quite weak!

General Armstrong Custer was an ego maniac, if you had read any of his exploits during his involvement in The War Between the States, you would have known this.

Custer had nothing but contempt for native Americans!

Ren

·
Registered
8,964 Posts
Ego-maniacs - you call them when you really want to win wars..the likes of Custer and Patton. YOu call on these derelicts when you are truly desperate. The 7th Cavalry was Custer and vice versa. YOu can grade low Custer all you want..but he was great. History will sing praise for him long after you and I are gone. Even in defeat, he wins! 😁

As far as the native Indians - they should have assimilated. They are lucky they still live by handful today. Even Sitting Bull saw the light - he said 'the tree must bend when the wind comes or it will be uprooted.'

Custer lives forever in our history books. ...just saying.
You should follow your own advice and read a few.

Ren

1 - 2 of 2 Posts