M14 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
922 Posts
I thank God, as well, for having been born and raised in Missouri. Unlike Texas, Missouri citizens have moved further right in response to the radicalization of the Democrat party. We’re no longer a bellwether state, regularly smashing the libs in every national election. I’m so proud that we never gave Hillary or Obama a single electoral vote.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I thank God, as well, for having been born and raised in Missouri. Unlike Texas, Missouri citizens have moved further right in response to the radicalization of the Democrat party. We’re no longer a bellwether state, regularly smashing the libs in every national election. I’m so proud that we never gave Hillary or Obama a single electoral vote.

I always liked Texas as my move to state. Texas is so similar to Missouri in ag production. While Missouri is first in cattle, horses and growing grains, :devilish: Texas has a clear advantage in oil platforms. Well and then there is west Texas, what is there again?

I have a few friends that live south of the Big D and live the Cowboy life. They are from Missouri but have been in Texas for 40 years, Texans first. Pretty easy to get them riled.

America is a great nation, with some misguided area's, that I am not sure they love America. And that is just wrong.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks to egregious federal overreach, an individual's state of residence has become a vital protection of basic freedoms.

Horst you are so right. Hit the nail dead on the head. And it should not be that way. But as intended the States should have more power than the federal government. And seek help only for mutual protection. My have some states gone astray. But do they have that right?

What gets me as in one way the states want to be autonomous but then invite the overlord to interfere with the states program.

·
Registered
324 Posts
What gets me as in one way the states want to be autonomous but then invite the overlord to interfere with the states program.
This is mostly seen with states run by progressive-liberals who want to impose their will on everyone in the entire country. They don't see any threat to their state sovereignty since their totalitarian goals and agendas are to be enforced everywhere.

Consider the impact of CA's environmental laws and policies on the rest of the country. You can't buy a toilet that flushes or a showerhead that does more than trickle because of CA. Emissions control measures got their start in CA, and there no auto or truck sold in the country now that hasn't been manufactured to satisfy CA - the rest of us be damned.

The larger the state and the more political power it wields, the more its rulers want to exercise that power over all of us. If they can't force us by way of their economic or political clout, then they'll try to bribe us with "free" money from the fed to get us hooked like crack babies, unable to follow any rules but their own for fear of being cut off from the moola.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts