M14 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. About a month ago I ordered a vietnam era springfield stock and some other accessories from Fred and I got a sales confirmation along with a note that said they are moving warehouses; please be prepared to wait 2 or more weeks for delivery. So I was patient, but at the 3 week mark I wrote him an email just for a status update. No reply. So I'm wondering, is anyone having the same issue and if so, do you recommend calling... or just sitting tight? Thanks!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Fred's has, in the past advised customers who demand timely communications and shipping to take their business to other vendors. Even when housed in the old warehouse, he was not famous for quick response. Fred's reputation has been built on the pricing and quality of his material. If you want to take advantage of his quality and his prices, you MAY have to sit on your hands instead of fidgetting and worrying. Regards, Clark

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
Hey guys. About a month ago I ordered a vietnam era springfield stock and some other accessories from Fred and I got a sales confirmation along with a note that said they are moving warehouses; please be prepared to wait 2 or more weeks for delivery. So I was patient, but at the 3 week mark I wrote him an email just for a status update. No reply. So I'm wondering, is anyone having the same issue and if so, do you recommend calling... or just sitting tight? Thanks!
Call, email, knock on his door... I don't have the patience to place an order and not get updates or wait weeks/years for my order. That being said... Never ordered from Fred's, and probably never will. Best I can do is setup a day to go see him myself, since I'm back in NC GI1

Besides... The PX has it's fair share of nice stuff.

·
Registered
231 Posts
get a refund and wait for Doug Carlton to do another group buy, but I am not sure if he will be doing one anytime soon. He just recently did one.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I ordered a big red on Dec 10th. I haven't received or heard anything yet. I started sending emails every 10 days in Jan with no response. I've stopped that too.

Deliberating whether I should start emailing him again. People seem to like him around here so as I newbie I don't want to be that guy going off on a respected member of the community.

Maybe a better business model for him is to sell his stocks via a middle man.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Where is Fred's new wear house?

·
Registered
7,437 Posts
I put an order in for a slotted hand guard about 2 weeks ago and it arrived today so he is getting to some orders quickly.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I ordered a Big Red Birch Tiger Stock mid January. Then I realized he was moving into Warehouse 2. He charged my card which I believe isn't done until ready to ship, not sure though. Haven't heard from him since. He hasn't answered phone or email to cancel order. Guess I'll just seewhat happens. I do believe he expects to be kicking out orders faster by the end of March.

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
I put in an order in early September. Many calls later, got a tracking note this past Thursday. Supposed to arrive tomorrow. :ARM11:

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
I had given up after months of waiting on my stock and then a month or so after that it showed up. I have no idea how he was able to process my card because the authorization had expired many months before but he did. In the end I got exactly the stock I was looking for at a killer price.

On the flip side I've ordered non-stock items from Fred's and had it shipped nearly super human fast so....??

The best route to a great stock seems to be to either grab one in the PX or hire Wade (Doug Carlton) to hand select one for you on one of his pilgrimages to Fred's.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for all the feedback y'all. Yeah, I can handle the wait, but the zero communication is a bummer. I'll give it some more time. I ordered a GI cleaning kit, a slotted handguard, a silent sling, and a springfield pre-'64 in used condition - I suppose it's the stock that's taking a while to locate and collate with the other stuff. I'll check in when I get it.

Oh, btw - Fred charged my cc right away, so I don't think there's a correlation between the charge and the ship date.

·
Registered
694 Posts
I ordered a USGI fiberglass & a couple of handguards in early Jan. Got a confirmation e-mail on the 4th; shipping confirmation e-mail on the 26th. I did fire off an e-mail or two, about half-way point, "just checking" and wanting to confirm that I WAS WILLING TO WAIT and to not cnx my order.

Got it within a day or two of the shipping e-mail and happy as can be.

Not your typical gun store...but not your typical rifle, either.

Would concur that it you want a nice wood stock, based on what I've seen on the forum, waiting for DOUGCARLTON to make a run would be the best way to get one, short of going there yourself.

·
In the gilded halls of Valhala
13,515 Posts
Tired of freds threads

He doesnt have time to fill the orders quickly much less answer Emails.

He needs an autoreply thats just saying be patient.

Just wait , you either were warned or you didnt do your research. You may never recieve anything !

Best way to buy is through a broker Who travels to freds and hand selects the stocks.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I just called yesterday and talked to Fred and he said I should see an email by fri!

·
Registered
924 Posts
I just called yesterday and talked to Fred and he said I should see an email by fri!
I had the same conversation every 2 weeks for 3 months.
Good Luck

Have fun be safe

·
Registered
924 Posts
1 - 20 of 30 Posts