M14 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a NM walnur stock for a build. I don't have any idea what to say about how much to pay. I see treeline has them for $49 I expecr than can go for more but I'll start there. Thank you for looking

·
Registered
294 Posts
Treeline is selling Beech for $49, walnut is way more expensive. The beech ones are a nice stock though. I bought 2.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Treeline is selling Beech for $49, walnut is way more expensive. The beech ones are a nice stock though. I bought 2.
Can you tell me if it's larger or smaller on the stock were your righr hand goes ? Or are all NM stocks larger in that area ? I feel lik3 I have more control when my right hand fits more around the stock. I don't think it matters much just a preference

·
Registered
294 Posts
Here is comparison between a M1 GI stock and a USGI NM stock as sold by treeline or Windy City. Much larger.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you very much.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
When you mean a National Match stock, are you talking with a rear lugged receiver, as shown by tgilky? Or, do you want one with the inletting, so you can bed it? Springfield M1A stocks tend to be over sized. Often by quite a bit, as compared to US Military stocks. Often even larger than a "Big Red". So, they are definitely hand filling.
There's a nice one over on Gunbroker, that has some nice grain in the front stock, though it's hard to tell from the pics how large it is. It needs metal, but that's not hard to put on.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes it is. Sorry haven't responded had a death in the family. Funeral waa today. Sad few days. I appreciate your time but I got that one sailormilan2 showed me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts