M14 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
10,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well I picked up the stock for $65. :D No metal or hardware and some guy had cut the stock behind the pistol grip for a project :x (never asked what it was) and decided not to do the project. Had the stock pieces glued back together.....and put it up for sale. Well I ended up cutting it again and re-ataching it with a dowel, (good thing cause whoever dowelled it the firs time, used two pencils for dowels) :roll: , and some Gorilla Glue. The stock is aprox. 1" shorter than it started. No problem for me as it's really the right length for me. :D Well the end result of this project will be a USMC type DMR ( Designated Marksman Rifle). 8) With the Whamo-Camo Expertise of our own SixTGunr, :wink: and a Scope from our own Tom O. (Tomodachi), :wink: rounded out with a adjustable cheek rest by McMillan, this project will finish out nicely. :D Not exactly the same as a real DMR :( but will suit my Smith Ltd. Preban M-14 quite nicely. :D Still trying to do some research on the patterns used by the Corps in Iraq, but I have a back up pattern just in case I don't like what I find.

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Aloha Hawk!!!

Yeah!!! You do some really nice work! Looking good!!!

The scope is boxed and ready for shipping... you say the word and its in the mail!

I can't wait to see what she looks like finished.

Aloha,

Tom O.

·
Banned
10,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Word :wink: The only holdup is the research on the pattern....But as ya can see...I'm gettin a bit antsy :D :D :D

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Heck, Hawk, I know how it is to be antsy... I bet we all do.

You give me the "sign" and the scope is on its way... I finished packing and labeling it already!!!

Aloha,

Tom O.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hey I know two Senators that would crap down both legs, if they saw that. hee hee, Nice looking rig Hawk. :wink:

·
Banned
10,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well here's an update on my DMR project. :D Take a look....

Next is a complete dismantle and off goes the stock to SixTGunr for a new customized suit. Six has graciously agreed to paint my stock in a special pattern that we have put our heads together and come up with. It will be unbelievable at best. It will be named "The SparrowHawk".

No project like this is a sole project. Besides Six doing the painting and parting with the Harris Bipod and adaptor, Tom O. (DigHawaii) parted with the 16x Super Sniper Scope, and Johnny (Ranger11B2P) gifted me with the SA Scope Mount and last but not least Mark Bookbinder for making me quite a deal on the Preban Smith Ltd M-14 that sits in it. Thanks Guys

·
"Staff Alumni"
2,653 Posts
Wow hawk are you sure your a range director. Thats better work than I see on those profesional do it your self know it all programs :lol: VERY NICE!!!! I salute you sir

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
i like the green on the stock, it looks totally different than the first posted pics, awesome man, and the cheeck rest is nice too, i think i would like one of them on my rifle, what is the cost for such an item, and what has been done to the rig a sfar as accuracy mods

·
Banned
10,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
avengeusa said:
i like the green on the stock, it looks totally different than the first posted pics, awesome man, and the cheeck rest is nice too, i think i would like one of them on my rifle, what is the cost for such an item, and what has been done to the rig a sfar as accuracy mods
Cheek rest can be had from McMillan for $100 plus shipping.....installation is not too hard if you're good with a drill press and have access to one. As far as accuracy goes, just a NM screwed Gas cylinder and spring guide. Haven't had it to the range yet, but may take it out with a Marine friend of mine who just got back from Iraq, before I dress it down and send it out to Six for one outstandin cammie hand paint job. :D :D :D

·
Registered
141 Posts
I finally got my hands on some OD surplus paint. I had been wanting to make a regular m1A like this DMR since even before i saw this project. The second coat is going on tommorow, but damn does it look fine with a vented hand guard and harris bipod. My rifle looks exactly like Hawks, sans the scope and E-2 stock. Yowza. Now all I need is a NM rear sight and the rig (for now) is complete.

·
Registered
720 Posts
AFront said:
I finally got my hands on some OD surplus paint. I had been wanting to make a regular m1A like this DMR since even before i saw this project. The second coat is going on tommorow, but damn does it look fine with a vented hand guard and harris bipod. My rifle looks exactly like Hawks, sans the scope and E-2 stock. Yowza. Now all I need is a NM rear sight and the rig (for now) is complete.
I just finished work on a cheapie synthetic I got from Fred's. Went with the black bed liner paint from an auto parts store. I was never crazy about the vented handguard until I slapped it on this one with the Harris bp. You're right it is a fine combination.
Hawk's E-2 stock sure turned my head too. Would love to play with one of those if I didn't have to give an arm or leg (or worse) :oops:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts