M14 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
No Fly List
1,166 Posts
We've got EHD (zombie) deer and CWD (chronic wasting disease) in some county's in Ohio now. Bow season doesn't open until Saturday. Could be any number of things.
Personally I wouldn't call ODNR onto my property because to many wardens are on a power trip and will write you up on anything they can.
I'd drag it out and let the buzzards do thier thing.

·
Premium Member
1,570 Posts
Sitting on the deck early one morning at sunrise, drinking coffee, shotgun season was starting next day, a pack of hounds were making a ruckus in the woods.
Next thing I know a small Buck bolts out of the woods into the pond with an arrow in him. Dogs stopped at edge of water, shut up and went back to wherever they came from.
The Deer is in the water, crying and splashing . . . couldn't just leave him like that.
Called my cousin across the pond, told him what was up, we got the boat out, shot the little guy with a rifle. Tied rope to his feet, went back to shore and pulled him out of the water.
All that on last day of Bow season.
What a way to wake up, huh? :(

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
EHD (Epizootic Hemorrhagic Disease) and Bluetongue are different. Similar, but different.

often, the feverish deer dilute their body salts by consuming excess water, making their energy loss even faster. Usually kills them in a few days. Might want to let your local game warden or wildlife overseeing agency know.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Had some cases similar to that where people were finding dead deer in their ponds and creeks. Come to find out it was blue tongue. Deers tongue and throat swells up not allowing it to drink or eat. They'll hang around water source trying to drink till they eventually die . Usually happens from a dry spell when water gets stagnant

·
Registered
200 Posts
Hard life living in the wild. Some day if the globalist commies get their way life will be hard for all of us. Hopefully humans wise up before then. In my humble opinion globalism is the most deadly cancer man has ever faced. The good thing is more people know of its rancid existence today. People are waking up faster than ever before. Anyways I know this has nothing to do with anything. Pay me no mind at all. These are but mere ramblings of an old fool...so im told by the younger generation.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Yes, he snitched to US Game an Wildlife about bogus executive orders about taking away their bullet proof vests by The Powers that be before hunting season.......stretching the truth kinda like DC talking heads. Some one would believe this on mass media. Deer was eliminated by making it look like an accident.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts