M14 Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Springfield Scout Squad and a small problem. I just discovered that a shooting match I am going to in a couple of months [3 gun] does not have enough iron sight shooters signed up in my classification. One option I have is adding an optic to my M1A and switching to a more popular class. The problem is I am not a "scope guy". I have some red dots, and the obligatory 4-14x on my (single) bolt gun, but that's about it.

Since this is kind of a last minute deal, and I will probably not leave the rifle configured this way, I don't really want to get too far into this, but I want to explore the scout mount scope options. Since I will be shooting out to 5-600 yards, I will need more than just a red dot [already tried that, it does not work well for me]. But if I can avoid having to buy a receiver mount, a cheek piece *and* a scope, that would be awesome.

So, please educate me on any long eye relief scopes that are suitable for mounting on the forward rail of a M1a Scout Squad, hopefully low enough to not require a cheek riser, and suitable for engaging targets from 50-500 or so yards. [hopefully there are more at 50 than 500...lol]

1 - 1 of 1 Posts