M14 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally all my dreams have come true! :D I became the proud PaPa of my second Smith Enterprise M-14 N.M. This one is a beauty:

*Forged Smith Enterprise rear lug receiver
*McMillan Marine Camo stock (bedded and bolted rear lug)
*Kreiger Hvy Wt stainless barrel
*N.M. front and rear sights
*TRW bolt
*SAK op rod
*Brookfield Op Rod Spring Guide
*SA trigger group
*A.R.M.S. #18 mount, #22 low Q.D. rings and Leupold 4.5-14X50 Long Range Tatical scope

She came to me by way of a fellow Battle Rifle member who had to sell and wanted her to have a good home (and she will). As per Kalifornia law it will be 10 days in quarantine (at the gun shop) before I can bring her home. But since I work there, I can play with her all day to keep her from being lonely :wink: . I'll take my camera and try taking pictures tomorrow. I'm one happy camper! :lol:

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Aloha Maze:

That is an AWESOME buy!!! Not one, but two!!! Holy Smokes... that is GREAT!

BTW: I am interested in getting one in case you run across one more and you don't feel like snapping it up... Give me a call! :lol: I remember SixTGunr teaching me the lesson of "...Ya snooze, Ya Lose!!!" so I thought, I would put a plug out now... just in case... :wink:

I hope you get them pics up soon!

Aloha and Best Wishes,

Tom O.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, since Kalifornia :evil: says I have to leave it at work for 10 days. This is the best I could do on pictures.

You know that sounds funny saying "leave it at work". My last job (United Airlines) would have had a SWAT Team and the National Guard taking me out for having a gun at work :( . Now I'm surrounded by them at work? Life is good :p

For all the pictures look here http://www.msgt-maze.com/Photos8.html?1051844964234

P.S. Tom,

I'll keep my eyes open and give you a holler if I find another. Do you want cast or forged?

Greg

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Hawk,

I can't wait to get it on the range.

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Aloha Greg,

Yeah, Hawk knows me so well... :lol: Forged would be the preferred... :lol: but I may not be choosy if the opportunity comes around! Hahaha, what a glutton, huh?

That looks like a great place to work... I don't know if I could take it though, I would be spending all of my paychecks on supplies and stuff, I would be perpetually "broke"! :lol:

Keep them pics coming!!! Hey, are you going to have the handguard painted to match the stock? Just curious.

Aloha,

Tom O.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
dighawaii said:
Aloha Greg,

Yeah, Hawk knows me so well... :lol: Forged would be the preferred... :lol: but I may not be choosy if the opportunity comes around! Hahaha, what a glutton, huh?

That looks like a great place to work... I don't know if I could take it though, I would be spending all of my paychecks on supplies and stuff, I would be perpetually "broke"! :lol:

Keep them pics coming!!! Hey, are you going to have the handguard painted to match the stock? Just curious.

Aloha,

Tom O.
Hi Tom,
It is a great place to work but I've been there a month and have spent 3 months salary so far :? . Wife is really giving me a bad time about finding a real job :(

I thought of painting the handguard to match but decided to leave it be after looking at the Super Match on Springfield's site. It's the way they were done.
http://www.springfield-armory.com/prod-rifles.shtml

Besides it's a G.I. handguard and epoxied in place :wink:

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
MsgtMaze,

All I can say is WOW!!! What a great rifle.

I really like your site. I was kinda poking around. Enjoyed the Kadena Airfield pic. Showed the wife the pic of the Airfield pointing out the hwy at the end of the runway next to the sea. I told her how we would try and position the vehicle we were in directly under a B-52 that was taking off. I also pointed out to her where the B-52 crashed on take off in 69 and last about watching the SR-71 Black Bird taking off from Kadena. Every time I see photos of Okinawa it brings back a flood of memories. Domo arigato gozimus.

Regards

Ox

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oxmix said:
MsgtMaze,

All I can say is WOW!!! What a great rifle.

I really like your site. I was kinda poking around. Enjoyed the Kadena Airfield pic. Showed the wife the pic of the Airfield pointing out the hwy at the end of the runway next to the sea. I told her how we would try and position the vehicle we were in directly under a B-52 that was taking off. I also pointed out to her where the B-52 crashed on take off in 69 and last about watching the SR-71 Black Bird taking off from Kadena. Every time I see photos of Okinawa it brings back a flood of memories. Domo arigato gozimus.

Regards

Ox
Do itashimashite!

My wife is from Okinawa so we make the trip home every now and then. It's changed a bunch since you were there. No B.C. street as you knew it, no Bush, Express ways and traffic jams.

Greg

1 - 9 of 9 Posts