M14 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
I have had a DSA 21" std rifle for about 5 years. It took a couple hundred rounds to get it broken in and works great. I love the ease of disassembly and cleaning....as well as the ergonomics. I must add that it is NOT as accurate as my M14!
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Composite material

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Any thoughts on the PTR91f? Looking at that as well.
I have a PTR91 model 102 with the heavy barrel, aluminum handguard, and a few additions, set-up like a DMR -

Air gun Trigger Machine gun Gun barrel Gun accessory

I've got 1.5 MOA (168gr FGMM @ 100 yds) out of it so far, but I think it can do better. There will always be a FAL vs G3 battle going on, and each have their advantages. I like the PTR, and don't feel it's overly punishing to shoot. I have installed an upgraded buffer, but the trigger is stock. While not great, it is typical of a standard battle rifle.

I'd probably pick up a FAL as well if I found the right one.

Can't have too many battle rifles!

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Go with a SAR48 over a DSA
13 years ago I had the chance to grab a paratrooper version of the SAR48. I put a small DP on it but had to pass during some brief financial difficulties. I kick myself whenever I think about letting that one slip through my fingers.

The only downfall of that model is the availability of inch pattern mags. The lucky devil who scored that para model received 3 mags with the deal.

Excuse me while I head into the corner in shame to kick myself, yet again.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Just finished making a few more changes to my PTR91, and I think it's done -
Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory

Now I need to get it out on the range - when it isn't below 0 windchill. It has done 1.5 MOA (5-shot group) at 100yds with FGMM 168s.

I like the HK-style rifles, and in addition to the PTR have a Cetme C (predecessor to the G3) project that is almost complete.

Nothing wrong with the FAL, but they don't seem to be as easy to find.

As far as the ongoing G3 vs FAL debate - get both if you can!

·
Registered
1,279 Posts

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Reactions: nf1e

·
Registered
9,115 Posts
Well you have an extraordinary FAL. Most average 3-4 MOA and occasionally around 2! :oops:
Belgium fals are extraordinary .
Imho the best Fal available
2nd best is a real Austrian Steyr STG 58

Reactions: nf1e
21 - 40 of 40 Posts