M14 Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
If everybody owned a FRT, binary trigger and a bump stock, the ATF would never consider regulating them. Its because they know only a small minority of firearm owners even care about these items, they can openly flirt with limiting the 2nd Amendment in this manner.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Well to begin with I did not say they should be "banned," but only that they make no sense in owning to me. Feel free to purchase whatever you deem as useful or desired.
yes but you did say this

so the bottom line is why do you want such a device
Thats how all antigunners start their arguments.

Why do you need that???

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
yes but you did say this

Thats how all antigunners start their arguments.

Why do you need that???
Absolutely! If I had $10 for every time I've heard 'what do you NEED something like THAT for,' I would be rich. Need has absolutely nothing to do with it! Since your basic econobox car will successfully get you from point A to B, why does anyone NEED a Shelby Mustang/Dodge Challenger/Jaguar/whatever? Why does anyone NEED a 2,500+ Sq Ft house? Why do you NEED a swimming pool in your back yard? Why do you NEED a 65" TV? Because this is America, I believe in excess, and I can!

I personally have zero use for either a bump stock or FRT, and choose not to own either one at this time. I also have zero use for a $15K shotgun or a belt-fed machine gun. That said, I do feel very strongly that whoever does have a desire to own those items, unless they are prohibited by a criminal record or other existing law, should be able to own one. The BATF should not be able to change the definition of restricted items whenever they feel the urge. Otherwise we'll all be practicing with a sling (as in David and Goliath) before long, because that's will that we'll be able to legally own.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
The BATF should not be able to change the definition of restricted items whenever they feel the urge.
That's probably what is going to end up in the Supreme Court for a decision.

If laws need changed in the legislative branch is the one that does it. Not a bureaucrat that sails whichever way the wind is blowing.

·
Civilian Non-Combatant
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Absolutely! If I had $10 for every time I've heard 'what do you NEED something like THAT for,' I would be rich. Need has absolutely nothing to do with it! Since your basic econobox car will successfully get you from point A to B, why does anyone NEED a Shelby Mustang/Dodge Challenger/Jaguar/whatever? Why does anyone NEED a 2,500+ Sq Ft house? Why do you NEED a swimming pool in your back yard? Why do you NEED a 65" TV? Because this is America, I believe in excess, and I can!

I personally have zero use for either a bump stock or FRT, and choose not to own either one at this time. I also have zero use for a $15K shotgun or a belt-fed machine gun. That said, I do feel very strongly that whoever does have a desire to own those items, unless they are prohibited by a criminal record or other existing law, should be able to own one. The BATF should not be able to change the definition of restricted items whenever they feel the urge. Otherwise we'll all be practicing with s sling (as in David and Goliath) before long, because that's wll that we'll be able to legally own.

I do get the point and understand the principle. I have used that in the context of: "A man doesn't really need a REASON to want to buy a new pick-up truck." A similar discussion in our household has revolved around the acquisition of more photographic equipment.

Consider that they will not really need to regulate the triggers themselves. These FRT set ups also require a mil-spec profile bolt carrier. Cheaper than the FRT itself, I might take out a loan and buy up as many of those as I can before something is done there.

·
Registered
327 Posts
If it takes a single PULL of the trigger to send a single ROUND downrange it doesn't need regulation. Conversely, if you want an automatic firearm, pay the tax, and buy one. Nibbling around the edges, and trying to bypass the ATF with re-designs will only buy unwanted scrutiny.
And this is why we are where we're at today...Gun grabbers will NEVER be placated, no matter how much you wish they would. The Neville Cahmberlain "appeasement" strategy doesn't work. They just come back demanding we relinquish more of our rights.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I'm hoping RB is able to take ATF behind the woodshed for a severe shellacing. They may have set this whole thing up from the beginning...They responded in days to ATF's overreach, had the HQ in a lawyer's office to forestall ATF's raid & seize tactics of customers list, they used ATF's own experts to review their product. ATF might have stepped on a landmine with this one.

We could all still own true F/A MG's if it weren't for some last minute shenanigans that got us the Hughes ammendment, passed on a voice vote no less. I'll support ANY efforts to go over, under, around, etc. that piece of garbage legislation. And before anyone starts screeching about what we we got in return...it was NOTHING. States like NY,CT,CA,MA,ME routinely ignore those provisions and do as they damned well please and nothing is done about it. Our problem as gunowner's is that we tend to follow the rules and the liberals ignore any rule that doesn't suit them...until this changes we will continue to lose. Simple. As. That.

In this very thread we have folks worried about rocking the proverbial boat instead of standing up. Most gunowner are middle class working folks that can't afford to spend a quarter to half their yearly salary to buy a MG and don't want the ongoing intrusive hassle from ATf should they want to take it out of state to an event to enjoy it. The bumpstocks & FRT triggers are ways for those folks to have some of the enjoyment without the price of a decent used car or down payment on a house being the cost of admission. I support that FULLY.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
I’ve test drove & tuned a few of the rare breed triggers….

From my experience they are NOT a drop in & go. If you expect reliably they will require some tuning & mods to the trigger housing. If you’re looking for a bullet hose this is your trigger. ROF sounds identical to a M16.

With that said i would not put 1 in my AR if you gave it to me.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts