M14 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Civilian Non-Combatant
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Read a thread on these triggers in the Gun Rights Forum, then saw a few videos on YouTube.

My view is that these are about as useful to most shooters as the so-called Bump-Stocks were. Yet these are legal and the bump stocks are not.

Seems odd.. . . .

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Read a thread on these triggers in the Gun Rights Forum, then saw a few videos on YouTube.

My view is that these are about as useful to most shooters as the so-called Bump-Stocks were. Yet these are legal and the bump stocks are not.

Seems odd.. . . .
Bumpstocks are legal right now, yet to be seen what tomorrow will bring.

·
Registered
685 Posts
I've been observing these triggers for a while now. The forced- or auto-reset triggers seem like they would be much better than a bump stock for accuracy, seeing as you would shoot from the shoulder and sight down the barrel using irons or optics. Plus you can get on and off trigger quickly for a double or triple tap, almost like a "burst" setting but still operating as "1 pull-function for 1 round = still true semiauto".
Some people seem to have no problem with a single shot, either with no modification or using a different under trigger spring mod. on There are videos of both available on YouTube.

·
Registered
163 Posts
If it takes a single PULL of the trigger to send a single ROUND downrange it doesn't need regulation. Conversely, if you want an automatic firearm, pay the tax, and buy one. Nibbling around the edges, and trying to bypass the ATF with re-designs will only buy unwanted scrutiny.

·
Registered
175 Posts

Seems odd.. . . .
Bump stocks are legal as well, but it'll take some time to come back into mfg after the knee jerk hemming and hawing. I think there was a recent case where the marines ruled in favor.

As for FRT, that should definitely be legal. I just wish it was available for otherplatforms past ARs. There's now at least 2 companies with versions on sale now. I really want something made for AKs and 10/22s.

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
My feelings are that if the ATF and the communist Demonrats don't want me to have something, then I want it. It may just lay in a drawer for decades, but I'll have it and that will annoy them. Face it, we are being subjected to the death of 1,000 cuts. I prefer to toss it back into their faces when I can. Eventually the commies will ban all semi-autos, then all repeating firearms, and then all firearms - if we let them.

·
Premium Member
Honorary Forum Lifer
18,128 Posts
My thought is this stuff is not for me, I am a one shot one kill type, but if anyone wants it they should be able to get it. Remember, if a guy doesn't support all guns/parts they don't fully support the 2nd Amendment in my opinion. I'm not saying that to be inflammatory but guys need to understand if we don't support others owning semi autos/black rifles/speed parts/30 rd mags they will be banned then the bolt guns will be banned then single shots will be banned then black powder will be banned then there's nothing left because the guys that didn't like them didn't stand up. People should especially be able to have this since it is one shot only per one pull of the trigger, that defines a semi auto, not the rate of fire that they are upset about.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
I fully understand resisting the ATF's efforts to curtail the sale of something as triggers mentioned, but see no practical use of such a device. Accuracy suffers greatly, ammunition pricey these days and scarce, so the bottom line is why do you want such a device, legal or otherwise, an expensive method of resisting the ATF. I had a bump stock for a while and frankly found it to be reasonably accurate with practice, but no practical application. Sold it and do not regret doing so. JMO

·
Civilian Non-Combatant
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Didn't know they were legasl again . . .dont think many non-shooters do either.

I am sure that both bump stocks and the FRTs are fun to shoot ehren "out on the land" as my friend puts it, but I just don't see it for any other purpose than burning up a couple hundred dollars worth of ammo in a short time.

·
Registered
7,339 Posts
It’s AMERICA. That’s why we are suppose to have things like bump stocks. The founding fathers owned cannons and ships I am sure they would see nothing wrong with a full auto. After all the second amendment is about stopping a tyrannical government
ALL federal gun laws are unconstitutional the F troop tax organization has no constitutional authority to ban ANY weapon.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
I've not ever used a bump-stock or one of the forced-reset triggers yet. Does anybody have some results or feedback based on personal use to compare the two?
I don't have either, nor do I want one right now.

Anyone that wants one should be free to own one if they want.

A little research will show you ways to accomplish the same result, just takes a little more practice and effort. Glock pistols are about the easiest to run like that.

·
Registered
280 Posts
My feelings are that if the ATF and the communist Demonrats don't want me to have something, then I want it.
LOL! Democrats and the ATF sell more guns and ammo than the NRA ever has in its wildest dreams! When do gun and ammo sales always spike? Whenever a Democrat is in the White House or whenever Democrats in Congress start talking about anti-2A laws.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I've not ever used a bump-stock or one of the forced-reset triggers yet. Does anybody have some results or feedback based on personal use to compare the two?
the FRT are basically MGs. Pull the tigger and it keeps firing.
The bump stocks were janky and took a different shooting style (push vs just pull)

·
Registered
73 Posts
If it takes a single PULL of the trigger to send a single ROUND downrange it doesn't need regulation. Conversely, if you want an automatic firearm, pay the tax, and buy one. Nibbling around the edges, and trying to bypass the ATF with re-designs will only buy unwanted scrutiny.
If your worried more abut scrutiny FROM the govt, then you do not understand what this is all about.

You should never be afraid of the govt, when you are, they have won.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I fully understand resisting the ATF's efforts to curtail the sale of something as triggers mentioned, but see no practical use of such a device. Accuracy suffers greatly, ammunition pricey these days and scarce, so the bottom line is why do you want such a device, legal or otherwise, an expensive method of resisting the ATF. I had a bump stock for a while and frankly found it to be reasonably accurate with practice, but no practical application. Sold it and do not regret doing so. JMO
If everything had to have a practical application we would all be in a prison.

The thing to remember is that just because YOU have no practical use for one, doesn't mean they should be banned for everyone else.

There are a ton of things I think are stupid, but I also believe others have the RIGHT to indulge.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts