M14 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
911 Posts
I see no mention of the HQL (handgun qualification license) required to purchase a handgun, which is also part of the law. I guess that this liberal judge is O.K. with licenses and fees being charged to exercise other rights as well. I can only imagine that the liberal democrats will soon re-institute things like the poll tax. Obama is only one supreme court appointment away.
There are many handguns that come magazines that hold more than 10 rounds and are in common use by both civilian and law enforcement for personal protection.
This is bound for higher court!

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wasn't the non-sporting part of the NFA34 instituted so that people could not own weapons of the type that weren't commonly used by our soldiers in the Armed Forces?

Gun control equals nothing more than citizen disarmament, how can anyone in their right mind not understand that? Oh wait...

·
Registered
183 Posts
So for now, all M14/M1a rifles are still illegal among many others. I'm not surpised though. I was following the court case where a guy challenged the concealed carry law in this god forsaken state. While there were some very minor times where it looked promising, it ultimately ended against us. I can see this going the same way. I'm not putting any money on the courts over turning this law. Even if it makes it to the SCOTUS.

·
Premium Member
3,695 Posts
The last I heard you could still get a Colt sporter and possibly other hbar ARs. So this worries me that they take this abomination of a law further. Worse yet this could set up a precedent for a movement to make laws requiring confiscation. At minimum this could start 'standardizing' the illogical language the judge used to justify her decision. Just like the use of the word assault has been seemingly made indivisible from semi auto weapons now.

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Reactions: dist1646 and Deacon

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
It's obvious we've become 2 different countries, freedom loving "fly-over" country and the East and "Left" coast.

Maybe we should just draw an imaginary line... I don't know we could name the line after, guys who lay bricks, and Richard's son. Below this "line" you can have live in relative freedom, your State gets to call the shots. To differentiate between the old part of the country that goes by USA we can call this new group of States below this "line"..... lets pick something catchy, how about ASA... no that's an old film speed designation, maybe BSA no the Boy Scouts have that one already... Oh hell we could go through the whole alphabet we'll just call it the CSA.

We have to do something cuz the East and Left Coast States wants all of us to live by their dictates and really doesn't care what the fly-over country folks want. We can run (move to another State) but eventually they will use their bogus "Incorporation Doctrine" to make their draconian gun laws universal. And to think you all cheered when the SCOTUS said "everybody has the privilege to own a gun"... you won't be cheering when they say "everybody has to turn in their guns" and your State is POWERLESS to help you.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
There is no greater threat to freedom and liberty than a fearful liberal with authority who will not use that authority to uphold and defend the United States Constitution.

Maryland members, stay in the fight!

Regards,
D1

·
Registered
128 Posts
IMHO this November is critical for 2nd "A" in Maryland.
If we do not displace at least a few of the evil ones the rank and file Dem's will follow the Liberal plan to disarm the country. Brown and Frosh are just pawn's for Bloomturd.

·
Premium Member
3,695 Posts
Just after/during the civil war when the government still used muzzle loaders when repeating rifles were available. Otherwise I would say a particular weapon wasn't ever inaccessible to the public, in terms of small arms. I would admit though that military small arms started to gain greater capability than is needed by the common citizen when the machine gun was invented.

·
Registered
4,163 Posts
Exactly why I bolted from Maryland.....and why the PA/VA/WVA borders are overcrowded. Those who work in Maryland don't want to reside in Maryland and try to escape from the libtardness. 90% of my neighbors work in Maryland. Every morning/evening Interstates 83, 270, and 15 has a max exodus....Maryland is a mini Kalifornia....a cereal state.....full of fruits, flakes and nuts....

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Just after/during the civil war when the government still used muzzle loaders when repeating rifles were available. Otherwise I would say a particular weapon wasn't ever inaccessible to the public, in terms of small arms. I would admit though that military small arms started to gain greater capability than is needed by the common citizen when the machine gun was invented.
Until 1934 it wasn't an issue for a "common" citizen to own a machine gun. Many machine guns were popular with the civilian crowd, like the Thompson and the BAR. NFA amounted to an illegal "taking" by economically pricing civilians out of the MG market... Besides the fact that ALL FEDERAL GUNS LAWS ARE REPUGNANT TO THE CONSTITUTION.

Wasn't until we "officially" went off the Gold Standard and the dollar started it's slide into the abyss, that the $200 Tax Stamp became affordable to the "common citizen" and MG became obtainable. The gubment's reaction to that was another illegal "taking" and Besides the fact that ALL FEDERAL GUNS LAWS ARE REPUGNANT TO THE CONSTITUTION... was the euphemistically name FOPA of 1986.

If you read the History of the founding generation, many of them personally own cannons. And in that History you will find the intent of the 2nd amendment was for the "common" citizen to be comparably arm to a standing army. Look at the 1939 SCOTUS Miller decision the bases for the overturn was a sawed-off gun was not a weapon likely to be used in a military situation, thus it was not protected by the 2nd amendment.

I'm not making any of this up folks educate yourself.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Maryland actually has/had a lot of firearm makers. As people pointed out JRA, Fulton Armory, then there was Beretta, Stoeger, LWRC, just to name a few. I can't imagine many are going to hang around much longer. Beretta is moving to TN, and it sounds like JRA is right behind them.

I'm just glad I was able to get my JRA carbine receiver stamped Baltiomore MD. My home town. It just sucks that the people in Annapolis do what they do. We also have some of the highest taxes in the country. Baltimore almost has more abandoned houses than ones with people living in them, we are puttnig tolls on all of our roads, then doubling them. All in all its a terrible state to live in politically.

·
Premium Member
3,695 Posts
I get what Geeck is relaying. I find the laws repugnant too(at least the ones that prevent ownership of certain types, etc. and concealed carry restrictions) but acknowledge that if one is going to differentiate between civilian weapons and military weapons that begs to clarify that ownership of modern weapons used in war serve mostly as a symbol that the governing is by the people or incase of SHTF. For simple hunting and self defense I think the lower fire power weapons fall into the 'civilian' category and could handle most every day defense situations. I think machine gun and WWI is where the differentiation began.

I think its perfectly ok to defend yourself with an actual assault rifle if you can do so safely enough in your situation. I believe people should be allowed to decide that and not always the law. I think its a hoot that the tax stamp on class III weapon is still just $200. SHH! Now I need to stop thinking about it. I don't want to jinx us.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Until 1934 it wasn't an issue for a "common" citizen to own a machine gun. Many machine guns were popular with the civilian crowd, like the Thompson and the BAR. NFA amounted to an illegal "taking" by economically pricing civilians out of the MG market... Besides the fact that ALL FEDERAL GUNS LAWS ARE REPUGNANT TO THE CONSTITUTION.

Wasn't until we "officially" went off the Gold Standard and the dollar started it's slide into the abyss, that the $200 Tax Stamp became affordable to the "common citizen" and MG became obtainable. The gubment's reaction to that was another illegal "taking" and Besides the fact that ALL FEDERAL GUNS LAWS ARE REPUGNANT TO THE CONSTITUTION... was the euphemistically name FOPA of 1986.

If you read the History of the founding generation, many of them personally own cannons. And in that History you will find the intent of the 2nd amendment was for the "common" citizen to be comparably arm to a standing army. Look at the 1939 SCOTUS Miller decision the bases for the overturn was a sawed-off gun was not a weapon likely to be used in a military situation, thus it was not protected by the 2nd amendment.

I'm not making any of this up folks educate yourself.
That's what I was getting at, you just worded it in a much better way than I could!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.