M14 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tonight at 7:30 on the outdoor channel is a program called Best Defence Survival. What to do in case of a food emergency. May help someone. Tomorrow on Glen Beck, food storage.

·
Registered
6,385 Posts
I've got a bit of food stashed away. It has a 30 year shelf life.

But... I prefer the fresh stuff.GI2

I also have my Mom , Sister and Nephew, all set up with a starter supply. I have been telling them to slowly add to it when they can.

·
Rest in Peace
17,536 Posts
I guess that was 10 minutes worth of info. They failed to mention two important items. Not one word about potable water. And nothing about personal hygiene.

HH

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Gota' watch next week for water. But at least it got my wifes attention. Maybe lots of others will start to think about food storage because they seen it on T.V. Thats great if they do cause they wont be looking for mine. ie: A friend of mine who lives alone and never has more than one shopping bag of food in his house at a given time, said if things get really bad he'd bum some from me. I told him don't come looking here. He looked puzzled.

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
Yeah, my wife must have let slip about how we are prepared because at the party at our house last week one of her lady pals said that if it hit the fan she was coming to our house. I told her she had better be wearing her body armor if she shows up, cuz she'll need it. :ARM36:

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If everyone who said they were comming to my house when the SHTF, actually came, there would be a pretty big crowd in my yard.

Too bad for them. I got to laugh though, there all going out and shoot a deer or something if things fall apart. All I can say is I have movie rights. Should make a sitcom for the rest of us.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts