M14 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to say hi to everyone. Just picked up my new Springer M1A the other day. So I'm sure you will be hearing more from me. Great site so far. Mountains of info.

SLM

·
Registered
183 Posts
Glad to have you aboard

One thing i don' like,,,is a new rifle..now go out and shoot at least 50 rds a week more if you can. Practice 2,3 and 600 yds if possible , even with the factory open sights it's not difficult. Get a good sling. Practice trigger control on a dot on the wall. Good luck !

·
Rest in Peace Federal
10,217 Posts
Welcome aboard, slmpickins28, Slim Pickens was one of my favorite actors, I loved the part he played in The Getaway. I know that you will enjoy the forums and being here with us. Have fun.

-

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks!

Thanks for all the welcomes. I will enjoy the new rifle. Can't wait to shoot it! I've wanted one for years. Just been puting it off for a while. I was worth the wait though. dance2

·
Registered
631 Posts
Welcome to the best forum and the best people. Slim Pickens was also in a GREAT but small role in Dr. Strangelove. He was the pilot who rode the Thermo Nuclear Weapon on the way down to it's target. What a way to go! GI6 GI6 GI6

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah its a funny story how I got that nick name. I want to use it as my avatar picture. But can't figure out how to post it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts