M14 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I was referred to this site by a friend after I mentioned that I was looking for information on the M1A. I bought a "Loaded" Springfield M1A years ago and had it lined up to go to a gunsmith for work at that time, but ended up having a bad fall on ice which took me out of shooting for a while. The short version is that I have yet to fire this rifle, but I'm now itching to do so.

I'm looking to stock this rifle with a Troy MCS, if I can find one at a decent price. I'm hoping to learn the strengths and weaknesses of the M1A here. Hopefully I'll be able to impart a bit of information I've picked up along the way.

In closing, I was at a local gun store and saw the shelves devoid of AR15s. The guy told me that they can't keep them in stock. This is not something that I'd need to worry about though - what do I need an AR for when I have a M1A?

Thank you for letting me join your community.

David

·
Rest in Peace Federal
10,217 Posts
Welcome aboard, Doc Nonverbal, no thanks is necessary it's our pleasure to have you with us. I know that you will enjoy the forums and all that they have to offer. Havefun.

-

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Welcome Doc, from a fellow SE PA'er!

Where do you shoot?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome Doc, from a fellow SE PA'er!

Where do you shoot?
Now that is an excellent question. I'm a member of the DE State Pistol Club, but the last time I went there was about two weeks ago. The time before that was almost five years ago. Once I get my M1A stocked and scoped, I'm going to be looking for a range. I understand there is one in Delaware County.

Where do you shoot?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts