M14 Forum banner

Fmj Hi, Joooooooookerrrr

6K views 25 replies 19 participants last post by  Pvt. Joker 
#1 ·
I just couldn't resist!!GI2

Pyle's world of poo

See less See more
#5 · (Edited by Moderator)
"Are you quitting on me? Well, are you? Then quit, you slimy ******* walrus-looking piece of ****! Get the **** off of my obstacle! Get the **** down off of my obstacle!! Now! Move it!

"Private Pyle you had best square your ass away and start ******* me Tiffany cufflinks or I will definitely **** you up!"

"This is my rifle. There are many like it but this one is mine. My rifle is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my rifle is useless. Without my rifle I am useless. I must fire my rifle true. I must shoot straighter than my enemy, who is trying to kill me. I must shoot him before he shoots me. I will. Before God I swear this creed: my rifle and myself are defenders of my country, we are the masters of my enemy, we are the saviors of my life. So be it, until there is no enemy, but peace. Amen."

Is it just me or did R. Lee Ermey have all the good lines? It`s knida cool but he was actually brought on to be a military advisor for the movie but Kubrick liked him so much that he fired the other guy playing G.Sgt. Hartman and hired him to do it. He adlibed most of his insult lines (that he learned in the Corps himself)

Another fun fact, durring the barracks scenes you`ll notice that aside from close ups, no one actor is in focus. Kubrick has a special lens made for his camera to keep everyone in focus no matter where they were in the barracks, giving the illusion that they are all "equally worthless"

Also the good Gunny NEVER blinks on camera! That`s a hard-ass drill instructor!

#7 ·
killswitch; That is a Marine Corps creed. R.Lee originally was not the actor to play the DI in that movie. He was hired as an adviser for the actor that was supposed to get that role, to keep things as realistic as possible. R.Lee impressed the director and he got the part of DI. I seen it on one of those movie trivia things some stations have. Sorry I can not remember what station I heard it on. Something like that dinner & a movie or the DVD movie night thing on USA or TBS. They would give some un known trivia about the movie during commercial/intermission time. He did nail that part IMO. It is almost like two movies to me. The boot part was more of a docudrama, the second part was typical platoon or any other Viet Nam movie. The closest you will get to Marine boot without having to go to P.I., again IMHO. Every platoon had a few Pyle's. It was a DI tool ever since the Gommer Pyle show. MCORPS1

#8 ·
I have had that image on the screen saver on my DVD player for years. Every time I turn the thing on or turn it off- it also flashes it. I get a kick out of it every time-

#22 ·
If you know Ermey wasn’t originally hired to play Sgt. Hartman, do you know WHO was? Tim Colceri (the door gunner) was expecting to be DI Hartman and learned all his lines. Kubrick was swayed by R. Lee and made the change just before shooting. Colceri did have one good line in the final cut. When asked how can he shoot women and children, he replies, “Easy. You just don’t lead ‘em as much. Ain’t war hell.”

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.