M14 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to know if any of the more knowledgeable folks on here can tell me if there is an actual NM Flash Hider and how to distinguish them? Will they be mark but where? I have two that are different from each other in the fact that the opening in the cage area is open more. (The I.D. is larger than on the other one. The O.D. is the same)
If photos are necessary, I can upload or send in an email if wanted..
thanks..

·
Registered
Custom service rifle builder
8,820 Posts
Actually, there were no NM flash suppressors manufactured, as far as I know, but there is a drawing specification for part number 9532718.

Flash suppressors on NM rifles were armorer modified by reaming the bore with a number 7 tapper pin reamer to a dimension of .406" at the muzzle.

If anyone has a can containing a new as manufactured flash suppressor with this part number, please contact me.

·
MGySgt USMC (ret)
7,066 Posts
I very much agree (again) with Ted.

PERHAPS there were FS's modified to NM specs that were available to Army, Reserve or NG teams through the Army Ordnance Supply System, but the FS's were never made that way originally to my knowledge.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.