1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
View attachment 48677

View attachment 48678

View attachment 48679

I had an extra synthetic stock sitting around, so I decided to try my hand at a Krylon camo job. In sunlight the foliage green is a considerably lighter shade. To me the pattern looks kinda like a woodland and GAP mix. Nothing spectacular, but I had lots of fun doing it.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks good, I mistook it for Multicam at first glance. How did you do the shapes? I'll be attempting my own camo job when I return from this vacation.
I cut the pattern stencils out of blue painters tape using an X-Acto knife.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I dig it. I'm going to do a similar pattern but with gray instead of black though...
Thanks. What looks like black is actually OD green. OD base, followed by khaki and then foliage green. And then a couple coats of matte clear to seal it up.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Im restomodding a 1964 Fairlane Sports Coupe in vintage burgundy metallic for my dad right now. Coilovers and disc brakes all around with a 427W stroker in it.

61 Starliner is my favorite "Galaxie" but I like em all.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
61 Starliner is my favorite "Galaxie" but I like em all.
Love the 60 and 61 Starliners. I've had this 64 for about ten years. Rebuilt the stock 390 and Cruise-o-matic, front disc brakes, custom suspension, etc. I don't drive it as much as I should, but I can't bring myself to sell it either.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.