M14 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been waiting to buy an M1A for over ten years, and it's finally here. I pick up my M1A standard tomorrow! As a WWII history fanatic since I was a kid, I have always been in love the the M1 Garand, which I'm sure I'm not alone. This led to my infatuation of the M14. And now I'm one day away from owning my own M1A. I look forward to learning a lot from all of you! First steps for me are finding a good scope mount and scope, and learning how to strip and clean her.

·
Administrator
17,464 Posts
Now you have made a good decision today in registering here and most definite you came to the correct place to learn more about the M14 Battlerifle and military surplus ammunition for her nutritional dietary needs, welcome on board and enjoy the site and I hope you can post often Mr Burns. Tony Ben has several great videos on the M14 clean-up and take down.

XXIV Corps

·
Premium Member
15,937 Posts
Welcome to the M14 world. I really think you will enjoy your new toy.

·
Registered
4,438 Posts
Welcome from Southeast Texas.
Just my opinion and a few others opinions.
Spend some time using the irons and get an idea or "baseline" on how the rifle shoots before doing anything to it other than cleaning and lubrication.
Not sure how your eyes are but I started with the irons and moved to a scope after having eyesight issues.
Using the Bassett picitinny mount that allows use of irons under the scope on a Scout. Requires an adjustable cheek riser.

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
Welcome from SoCal. Good people and good info here. -Lloyd 🍻

·
Registered
11,068 Posts
Welcome to the rabbit hole.

Pour a glass of your favorite antiseptic and watch these two videos...

The bible is FM 23-8. Chapter 5 shows the important grease points.

FM 23-8 U.S. Rifle 7.62-MM, M14

FM 23-71 will help you at the range. Chapter 3 covers the sights.

FM 23-71 Rifle Marksmanship

When your brain can't handle any more, we dumb things down a bit on this thread...

PS Magazine

·
Registered
870 Posts
MrBurns,
Welcome aboard. Just a heads up "start saving for your second". I have yet to find anyone in the 14 Platform owning "Just One" 14 Type. This Forum is Not the Best Place for Marriage Counseling.
Pfc out

·
Registered
115 Posts
Welcome for another denizen of California, Silicon Valley that is.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
923 Posts
Welcome from Texas.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
MrBurns,
Welcome aboard. Just a heads up "start saving for your second". I have yet to find anyone in the 14 Platform owning "Just One" 14 Type. This Forum is Not the Best Place for Marriage Counseling.
Pfc out
lol it took my wife 6 years to finally let me get the first. 2026 is looking like a good year for me!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the kind welcome! I pick her up in less than 12 hours, and will update with pics as soon as I have them!

·
Registered
287 Posts
Being a Garand fanatic, you already know that one more is never enough. Good luck and welcome from the sac area.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts