M14 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, been lurking for some time until I got my first M1A. I put an Ultimak M8 on it as soon as I took it out of the box. After a couple outings and several hundred rounds I can say that this is the most fun gun to shoot I have owned and I am sure there will be several more M1As in my futureDI5

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Great looking rifle. I hope to send my receiver to SEI to get a SOCOM barrel installed at the end of this month. You are making it harder to wait for the finished product.

Congratulations on your rifle, are you going to mount anything on the Ultimak soon?????

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
VERY NICE....I'm jealous as the green stock was what I wanted when I was in the market for a Socom. I ended up settling on a Socom II urban.....and the crazy thing is, my rifle was exactly 133 rifles after yours! What are the chances they would be that close!? Anyways, welcome to the forum and beautiful stick....

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Great looking rifle. I hope to send my receiver to SEI to get a SOCOM barrel installed at the end of this month. You are making it harder to wait for the finished product.

Congratulations on your rifle, are you going to mount anything on the Ultimak soon?????
I have already tried an Eotech and an Aimpoint T-1. Then I sat one of my pistol scopes on it and that is what really blew me away, so I will be ordering this gun its own scout or pistol scope with QD mounts, still researching which ones to get.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
VERY NICE....I'm jealous as the green stock was what I wanted when I was in the market for a Socom. I ended up settling on a Socom II urban.....and the crazy thing is, my rifle was exactly 133 rifles after yours! What are the chances they would be that close!? Anyways, welcome to the forum and beautiful stick....
Well I actually wanted a black stocked one at first but Buds had the green ones for over 100 less than a black one so that made it easy. After seeing the green I like it better than a black one. Since I got mine I notice Buds has increased the price on the green ones too. Got mine for 1450. I also have a couple wood stocks coming and will see which ones I like it in best and which ones it shoots best with.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Like it a lot! How does it shoot?
I haven't got serious with it on paper yet. I am lucky enough to live where one can just blast away and that is what I have been doingDI5. Offhand it seems to be really good minute of gallon jug and minute of rockDIEVIL. The only bench shooting I did was at 450 yards at an old O2 bottle we have sitting out there and I was able to make it ring using just the ironsGI5. After reading so much on this great forum from so many knowledgeable guys I know I will be on a quest to see just how good I can make this baby print on paper.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Well I actually wanted a black stocked one at first but Buds had the green ones for over 100 less than a black one so that made it easy. After seeing the green I like it better than a black one. Since I got mine I notice Buds has increased the price on the green ones too. Got mine for 1450. I also have a couple wood stocks coming and will see which ones I like it in best and which ones it shoots best with.
I had the same dilemma as you when it came to the stock, I end up paying $1,400 through Budspolicesupply for mine.
BTW what kind of sling is that? Where did you get it from?

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
That is a nice looking rifle. I do like that color stock as well. I may have to paint mine now. If you dont mind, do you remember what they called that color when you were looking at the rifles?

·
Registered
197 Posts

Ret Dep, If you dont mind me asking are you working on a new build or rebarreling a before New Years Eve 99? I ask because I keep kicking the idea around rebarreling mine with a SOCOM barrel.
OD

1 - 17 of 17 Posts