M14 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Wanted one forever. Finally freed up the funds and then came the agonizing over which one to buy. Decided on a Scout. Really wanted a wood stock, but the price was right on this one, and I like adding stuff as I go anyway, so...

Unboxing. Happy day.

Added a Tac-Pro riser and a sling.

Bassett Low Pic Mount and 4-12x scope

Got some wood on the way. To be continued...

06/20/2014 - New duds. Some new pics with some new stuffs!

Getting our big-boy pants on:

Now for a little see-more:

Other side:

So, here's what we have so far...

-Springfield M1A Scout Squad - Minus the scout rail and handguard
-Boyd's Walnut Stock - From what I can tell, looks like the medium weight stock -- (Bought secondhand, in new condition)
-Bassett Low Pic Mount with Vortex Crossfire II 4x12x44 in low rings
-Sadlak NM Op Rod Spring Guide
-Triad Tactical Stock Pack/Riser
-Troy/VTAC Sling

I bought a gas cylinder shim set for it, but then figured out I could just flip the gas lock to get proper tension/lockup. Sprung for a spare GI extractor and a spare firing pin, which now reside safely in the stock pack, along with a few other essential odds and ends.

Got it looking the way I want, now just have to get out and break in good! Range Report, maybe, after this weekend...

·
Registered
8,481 Posts
Congratulations that's a really nice Scout.

Reactions: 628

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
Sweet!

I am soooo torn between a Scout and another standard built off of a receiver other than SAI (RockOla?) .... being a personal fan of wood and steel I'm thinking your Scout will look incredibly nice with a wood stock.

Congrats!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think with a few hand rubbed coats of oil, that Boyd's stock will POP! Its got some nice lines, but a little subdued with the satin finish on it now.

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
I just bought a light weight usgi profile walnut stock from Fulton armory and put several coats of boiled linseed oil on it, I really like the look, dull/flat, some like it more glossy.

Like your rifle a lot.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I kind of suck at cutting foam, but decided to tackle the Pelican Case for tonight's project. At least the old girl has a safe place to ride to the range now.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.