M14 Forum banner

First M14 Rifle Build - "Thoroughbred"

2K views 27 replies 17 participants last post by  Jordan81 
#1 ·
Good morning Gentlemen. It wasn't until someone mentioned M14 of the Quarter that I realized I've never posted my first (and currently only) M14 rifle. It's been a very long process as many of you can relate to but well worth it. A big thank you to everyone on the forum who contributed parts and knowledge; I couldn't have done it without you. I present to you, "Thoroughbred"

LRB M14SA Forged Receiver
Criterion Medium Weight 22" 1/10 Twist Barrel
TRW Bolt
TRW Op Rod
TRW Trigger Group
TRW Rear Sight
USGI Internals
USGI Screw and Glue Gas System
USGI NM Reamed Flash Hider
Tubb Recoil Spring
Sadlak NM Recoil Spring Guide
Minelli Walnut Stock
USGI Stock Hardware
Turner Saddlery M1907 Sling
Checkmate Magazines

Plant Wood Houseplant Finial Art

Footwear Picture frame Wood Outdoor shoe Sandal
Wood Tool Tints and shades Wood stain Hardwood
Musical instrument Wood Natural material String instrument accessory String instrument
Wood Writing implement Office supplies Auto part Bicycle part

Bicycle part Carbon Rim Bicycle handlebar Bicycle accessory

Product Tool Hand tool Everyday carry Bag

See less See more
#18 ·
All right now go nominate this great rifle in the M14 of the quarter contest.

#27 ·
Hi,
Very nice, probably as close to a "real" M14 as you are going to get!

I was aboard Ship and knowing my familiarity with Firearms my Chief Engineer had me inventory and clean the M14's we had in our locker.

There was an all TRW built rifle in there, and others of different manufacturers.

When the Chief saw my eyes light up, when I saw the TRW, he said,"Don't get any funny ideas!"

Well, admittedly, some ideas ran through my head, but that was as far as it went! :cool:

#28 ·
thank you! That’s really neat, I wish I had been more interested in firearms when I was in the Navy. Pickings we’re slim back then however days after 9/11 we all got to see the toys the Navy kept on the high shelf.
Best story I can offer is when I was working for the Secret Service. I say “working for” in that I was hired to complete a construction task for them. I won’t say where, or when but at one point I looked down at my feet and there sat a loaded, full - auto MP5. Now you need to know that I am a lifelong HK fanboy. Never bought a handgun that wasn’t an HK. I was completely paralyzed. I left it where it was and kept working. I often wonder how it would look in my safe, haha.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.