M14 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Eye Master
4,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been ignoring a bunch of stuff to make sure I have initial production of these triggers in time for NRA show, but they are done. And I'm very excited because they feel as good as I had hoped.

Here are the first dedicated EBR triggers. They are the same as the M14 triggers I have been working on, except that the trigger bow is reshaped, so your finger fits in the arc of the bow when pulling straight back with a pistol grip, versus the original M14 design that was made for pulling back/up. In the top picture, the left 3 are EBR triggers, while the right 3 are my M14 triggers.

These are 100% CNC machined from billet tool steel, not cast.

Triggers are tapped to make them adjustable for pull weight, and the disconnects will be adjustable for second stage creep, so they can easily be set up as a match trigger without any grinding or polishing.

Pull is smooth as silk, with NiB coating for anti-wear, and low friction, even without lubricant (ie if you are in a dusty environment, you can run them dry).

Samples here are not heat treated or coated yet, but won't look much different.

Stay tuned for timing. Price is likely going to be in the $175 to $200 range.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Wow! It is definitely great to have someone like you in this forum trying to improve our platform. I`m sure people who buy these will be pleased.

·
Eye Master
4,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Triggers came back from the final coating operation yesterday, so I'll be assembling and test firing today, and if nothing goes badly, they should be up for sale by the weekend. Looking forward to this - these should be the best M14 triggers ever, as I redesigned the sear surface slightly using the capabilities of a CNC to run shoother on the hammer hooks. Back in the 50's when USGI were last made, that option was not there.

I'll start a new thread with the announcement, once they are ready.

·
Eye Master
4,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Trigger performed fine in test firing. More than fine, it was freaking awesome!

Triggers are shipping now at shootingsight.com

Both traditional M14, as well as the dedicated EBR triggers (actually, I call them EBR, but they are ideal for any pistol grip style stock).

Attached are profile, as well as cross sections of the triggers. M14 is straight off the govt drawing, EBR is my modification.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I ordered one Friday, really looking forward to testing... Not 100% it will be an improvement as I seem to shoot quite well with the odd placement of the swept back trigger, but add in Tony's approval and that its adjustable, I had to try.. Thank you for advancing this platform as its a very small market

1 - 12 of 12 Posts