M14 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my NM home from LGS, gave it good looking over and punched the bore. Got it on paper after a few rds from the bench at 100. White/Orange site in tgt is pretty hard to see at this time of day so I was pretty happy that I was getting 2.5" to 1.5" groups from the bench open site with cheap AE 150g FMJ. 35rds in my extractor breaks! ARGGGGGHHHH!!!! DISHOUT

I LOVE this rifle, but am really disappointed in SA's quality control.

Other than killing my shooting for the day, I was amazed at how accurate this baby is. Like someone posted a few days ago, it only takes shooting one once and your hooked. I'm more than hooked!

·
Inquisitor
11,356 Posts
Wow, I've heard plenty of complaining about SAI extractors but damn, 35 rounds has to be a new record.

·
Registered
7,252 Posts
Just got my NM home from LGS, gave it good looking over and punched the bore. Got it on paper after a few rds from the bench at 100. White/Orange site in tgt is pretty hard to see at this time of day so I was pretty happy that I was getting 2.5" to 1.5" groups from the bench open site with cheap AE 150g FMJ. 35rds in my extractor breaks! ARGGGGGHHHH!!!! DISHOUT

I LOVE this rifle, but am really disappointed in SA's quality control.

Other than killing my shooting for the day, I was amazed at how accurate this baby is. Like someone posted a few days ago, it only takes shooting one once and your hooked. I'm more than hooked!
That sucks big time.. Treeline has USGI Parts in stock. When you go to swap the extractor you might as well put in a GI Extractor plunger and GI Ejector and spring
I suggest getting some GI trigger group parts...just in case
http://treelinem14.com/M14-M1A-USGI-Extractor-Plunger-and-Spring-NOS-bundle-M14BPEXBUSNOS.htm
http://m14forum.com/m14/152502-sai-rifles-minimum-number-parts-i-allways-replace.html

·
Registered
4,320 Posts
I bet it is a 2013/14 M1A. 2012s never break.
Sorry it happened!

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
I think I remember a thread not too long ago that said their extractor broke after just one round. I'm pretty lucky, mine broke after around 400.

Good luck jumpmarine, and check out tonyben's Youtube vids if you need help replacing the extractor.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Well, glad you picked up a nice rifle and you will have it in working order shortly. Once running well, she should serve you well for a long time.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
I used a small punch to depress the ejector spring (very strong spring) then pushed the extractor stem into it's hole.

·
Registered
4,320 Posts
From what I have seen (actually read here) if they don't break fairly early in the Rifles Life they are GTG! Seems 5 to 80 rounds will tell GI3.

Some guys had trouble with breaking then with a certain year of PPU (or was it CBC?) ammo but that is a story for another day!

Reactions: .49652
1 - 15 of 15 Posts