M14 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First day hunting this year and first time hunting with my m14. Here are some pictures if I can load them of rifle and hogs.

·
Registered
79 Posts
mmmmmmmmmm bacon

Someone's having ham for Xmas.......And nice rifle too!GI6

·
Resident Rascal
13,508 Posts
And a good looking pair they are!!

·
Registered
3,649 Posts
Nice!!! What range did you take those beauties at?

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I shot the black one a little over a 100 yards. The big red one was shot by my son with a Remington 700 25-06 at a little over 200 yards.

·
Registered
3,649 Posts
I shot the black one a little over a 100 yards. The big red one was shot by my son with a Remington 700 25-06 at a little over 200 yards.
Good shooting! I haven't shot a hog yet, are they a regulated game animal or are they classified as pests? Are there seasons for them?

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
In Alabama they are classified as a game animal until you take possession. Then they revert to pest. No bag limit and no closed season.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I like all three - the two hogs and the rifle. It looks like you had a good hunt.

sneaker
JMPWNG2

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
I don't know of any state where feral hogs are considered anything but a nuisance animal.
Nice shooting. You need to cook one whole and have a party.

·
Registered
604 Posts
What bullet/load did you use, and what were the results?

I've been blessed to be hog free here on my home place for several years (knock on woodGI2), but they're still overrunning most everyone in my area.

I have thousands of acres on which to hunt them, but I rarely get around to it. There's always something more important to do, but rarely something more fun!

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I used 165 grain federal fusion. The shot from a 100 yards was a complete pass through of both shoulders. The exit wound was the size of a quarter.

·
Registered
3,649 Posts
I don't know of any state where feral hogs are considered anything but a nuisance animal.
I guess I was just wondering if the gubmint had found a way to cash in on these 300 pound rats!! I know that these bovines cause huge damage to crops, the environment and native critters, but if the man can find a way to cash in on something HE usually will.................GI3

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Free Meat

They cook up real nice here in NW Arkansas.

Way too many of them doing way too much damage.

Farmers around here say "Go Gettem, the more the Better".

Good sausage meat too!!!!

Ole Silver

1 - 20 of 21 Posts