M14 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, I just signed up and prior to today have been referring to your blogs which helped me decide to get a M1A Scout Squad. I live in MA and had to order it so while waiting I got a few accessories. Sling, Scope (leatherwood LER), QR Scope Mounts (Leupold), a couple of 10rd Mags and a .308 laser bore sight. Also received a Wheeler combo scope mount kit yesterday and set up the rifle. Sighted iron sights in basement at 50' no problem (still need to calibrate the rear sight to zero) and mounted the scope after lapping and sighted in at 50' also. No issues except with the forward mount the 8" or so LER isn't quite enough for 6 and 7 power. I mounted the scope as far back as I could. I assume I will have to live with it as is. Still usable for 6 and 7 power but not full field of view. We'll see. Anxious to get out and shoot it. Also looking for advice for a case (soft nylon I think) and what I may need for a tool kit. Looking forward to blogging!

·
Administrator
17,943 Posts
You have made a good decision in registering here and most definite you came to the correct place to learn more about the M14 Battlerifle and military surplus ammunition for her nutritional dietary needs, welcome on board and enjoy the site and I hope you post often BigT1958.

DI5

·
Super Moderator
3,694 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Roswell, Georgia

M1Army

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
You can find the guidenance you need here. Be careful-there are a lot of jarheads, an Air Farce or two, and a squid or two,plus alot of old army on here. But, this is the place to go for straight dope on the M14/M1A and M1. Enjoy. Welcome from SoDak.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts