M14 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the first M1A that I have owned and i just thought i would share it with anyone who wants to see:

Model: SA loaded
Mount: Sadlak Airborne
Scope: U.S. Optics 1.8-10x37mm (GAP Ret.)
Stock: JAE-100 G3
Sling and Bipod: TBD (i have a 3-point sling that would just look tacky on this with the JAE stock now)

Sorry about the poor picture quality, but I'd rather spend my money on firearms than a camera.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Wow, looking good. Gotta ask, any idea what the total weight is?

·
Premium Member
Honorary Forum Lifer
17,010 Posts
Nice rifle. I like it, I just ordered a U.S, Optics scope for my J.A.E.-100 stocked M1A. I'd recommend an Atlas bipod.
m14brian

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
total weight is... heavy, but i can always throw it back in the old stock if i want to lighten it up a little, once i get a scale at my new house i'll give a more accurate answer.

I want to get the the lightest weight/rugged (i know the two dont usually go hand in hand) bipod for it so any suggestions would be appreciated since im gonna start looking this weekend for one.

·
Registered
4,680 Posts
Very nice job Vanilla.. With Winter coming on and given your far Northern locale, I hope you've got your firewood put back for the first cold snap...

7th

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks, and it's my first year in ND, but i grew up in SD so i should be somewhat prepared, plus I'm a new EE in the local utilities company so if the power goes out, it just means i have to go to work.

edit: looks like i forgot to change my location when i moved

1 - 10 of 10 Posts