M14 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
There's at least one person on here who knows for sure. :)

G

·
There had been a few receivers that were melonited. Besides those few it is mag phosphate. That receiver you have has been melonited. We will not be doing that Finnish on the new ones coming out.

·
Registered
5,487 Posts
There had been a few receivers that were melonited. Besides those few it is mag phosphate. That receiver you have has been melonited. We will not be doing that Finnish on the new ones coming out.
What is the benefit of the Melonite over parkerizing? Does Melonite change the metal dimension? I suppose I should ask how much does Melonite adds to the metal?

G

·
The receivers that had been done was not done by us but after the customer bought it. The reason why we will not do this process to any receiver,except for the Chinese receivers, is because the core hardness drops more than we would like it to.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Interesting, I seem to recall that when my gunsmith bought the receiver in 1994, this was the finish that was on it. I don't recall it being sent out somewhere to have the melonite put on.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.