M14 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finnished reparkerizing my rifle today finaly. I had so many customer jobs to do mine took a back burner till I got caught up. Everything came out perfect on it. The only thing I didn't redo is the rear sight base. I'm not done fitting it yet. It will get done next weekend probably. I think I parked enough parts this morning to build 20 rifles but finaly done. Here's the pic gallery link. I didn't have time again to take pics as I was doing it but I got some good before and after pics.
http://www.dansshootingsupply.com/my_poly_m.htm

·
Registered
187 Posts
The reparking looks great. So you can do long guns complete rigth? I like to get my poly redone soons i get it rebarreled with a CC douglas barrel and just get the hole rifle done. What you charge? I am thinking on going back on the one i built with the SM stock you seen pics of and repark it from barrel forward, its got brownells allum2 on it now,like parked guns better,but its pretty now too.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Dan,
Nice job. The rifle looks great.

What do you do with the old parkerizing solution? Can it be poured down the drain? That has been of concern to me. If it is treated as hazardous waste then it might cost more to have it disposed of than it's worth if you are only doing a small job.

Regards

Ox

·
Registered
151 Posts
Looks superb!!!

Hope one day I hope to find the time and patience to be able to do more technical things to my firearms (ie. repark, simple gunsmithing and other upgrades & to learn more about my firearms and save tons of money not to mentoin the experience of knowing the ins and outs of your pistol(s)/rifles(s). For now... I'll just have to gain from what I read & see here.

Thanks for sharing!!! :D

·
Banned
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OXMIX: Its reusable quite a few times. According to the company it's safe to dispose of down the drain once it's used up but we have a hazmat drop off center less than a mile away and I take stuff like that there regardless. It's free to drop it off so why not. The stuff is fairly expensive but it's worth it.
I have been doing quite a bit of parkerizing for other people too so it's paying for itself. Even though I never charge enough. :lol: Hopefully in the next few weeks My FFL will get here and I can do guns for people too. For now I'm just doing parts, mags and other Non ffl stuff.

·
Banned
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I finally got to shoot My newly parked and rebuilt rifle yesterday too. It went flawlessly. I had to replace the firing pin, Gas cylinder and a few other small parts and the big thing was the NM rear sight. I never had one on it before. I've only put them on other peoples rifles. I was starting to make up NM rear sight assemblies for some of my customers with .595 hooded apertures, 1/2 min elev and 1 min windage adjustments using modified standard bases and put one on each of mine first. The 14 zeroed at 4 clicks from bottom with a full power 168 bullet. The M1, Which I also made up a sight for zeroed at 8 clicks with the same bullet but I haven't worked that one up yet so it was only going 2400 fps. I guess My sights work. :D Anyone that's used a NM aperture with a standard gi base before knows why this is a big deal sortof to me. :idea:
Both 20 round groups were all in the x rings firing out in the desert prone position at 100 yards and they worked perfect. I love these guns!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.