M14 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK After about a year of procrastination I'm finally making the plunge. I'm going to order a LRB receiver(regular, not rear lugged) with bolt, and finish it myself....I already have the stock. Question is what should I expect to spend to finish this rifle? thanks

·
Forever Remembered - RIP
3,750 Posts
Are you going to get just the receiver or barreled receiver? I would just have Lou barrel it and you would have the barrel, bolt & receiver all mated buy a very capable pro. I don't think anyone could tell you what you may end up paying for the other parts. It would be safe to say your total build will be in the $1500-$2000 range, give or take a couple hundred. I would be happy with a new LRB project that came in under 2 grand.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I purchased a LRB barrelled receiver from Lou a few months ago. I had talked earlier with Lou about different options. He mentioned he hoped to get a supply of parts in. In the meantime, I bought all the major parts and was ready to buy the small parts (bolt catch, clip quide, etc.). I gave Lou another call at that time and he said he had all the small parts and would install them for $99. I said "do it". I sent check and dealers FFL and shortly I had a barrelled receiver with small parts and headspaced bolt.
I installed gas cylinder, flash hider, etc. I have approximately $1700 in it.

Lou is a great person to deal with.

Joe A.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks

thanks for the replies... I plan on getting the barreled receiver with bolt ( I think he has a special on that right now, $99),which I'll have done by LRB, chromed lined barrel ( isn't that worth the extra $$?) I'm lucky to have a USGI parts source close, so that's not a problem. I should have my order in by end of this month, barring any monetary emergency....I'll plan on spending 1700 to 1900 then, thanks for the input.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.