·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
TwoHawks,

Is that the peper laminate from boyds?? That thing is purrrdy. All of them are fot that matter but I really like that that laminated stock

take care

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry Mr Orr...then again..maybe not..misery (and poverty) loves company. Phil, it is a Boyd's stock and hand guard. I like it too...that rifle is going to stay in that stock permanantly it think. Works as a great camo...also very strong and rigid and has the NM thickness.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks atr.

Whoever copied the pictures off my yahoo album and posted them here...THANKS!

·
Retired Admin
I lost all of my rifles & handguns in a mishap on Rio Grande when the barge hit a sandbar and sank.
19,159 Posts
TwoHawks,

Great family pictures........ We have a long way to catch up with you.

XXIV Corps :mrgreen:
DMZ 70-72

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Redleg,

Thanks!

My wife...who is an artist and helps me with the stocks...says that they make it like being a kid again and dressing up my "G.I.Joe" action figures ... :oops:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
M-14 Lover,

Its a type 2. USGI buttplate was fine...some extra stock around the edges but no big deal.In the end I put a rubber butt pad on it because i wanted the extra length of pull prone.

As to the swivel...oryguner helped there (Thanks ORYGUNER! :D ) Do it exactly as he says. It worked perfectly:

http://www.m-14forum.com/viewtopic.php?t=5815&highlight=

·
Banned
517 Posts
TwoHawks said:
M-14 Lover,

Its a type 2. USGI buttplate was fine...some extra stock around the edges but no big deal.In the end I put a rubber butt pad on it because i wanted the extra length of pull prone.

As to the swivel...oryguner helped there (Thanks ORYGUNER! :D ) Do it exactly as he says. It worked perfectly:

http://www.m-14forum.com/viewtopic.php?t=5815&highlight=
Thanks Twohawks! That stock would look very good with a parkerized barrel as well...hmmm.

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
Two Hawks, I have had my eye on one of those Boyd Pepper laminates for a while now myself. Your rifle looks great in it but that is not to say that the other stocks aren't sweet either. Did you have to do any extra fitting with the pepper and can you only get Boyd stocks direct. I ask because I can't seem to find a dealer and a better price on one. Thank you, Lionseye

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks WarBird!

Lionseye. , The handguard had to be fitted...op rod wouldn't clear! Other than that it was a great fit...tight. I got the stock in a deal from a friend...but the handguard was straight from Boyd's. I have never seen Boyd's stocks sold "inderctly". I know...I looked too.

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
Thanks Two Hawks for the quick reply. I guess Boyd's can only be bought from Boyd's directly unless with a rifle from a manufacturer like Smith or Fulton or dealers are just few and far between. Did you sand the forend for clearance or have someone do it. The stocks are beautiful and I've have been trying to decide for a while now on a wood to buy and I've made my final choice and the Boyd's Pepper is it even though it's not quite just wood. HAHA. Lionseye

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks target4fun. I actually bought the Scout a few years ago as an alternative to getting a mouse gun!

Lionseye..I did the sanding myself. My stock was very slick as received. I was in process of working Tung Oil into the Walnut stock shown so I added some to the Pepper Lam. stock as well.I think it is coated with something at Boyd's...or the glue finish is just hard because it didn't really take the Tung Oil very deeply. What it did do was to give it a nice vinyl like coating feel . Alot easier to handle...especially given all the weight from the scope,Badger rings,smith mount,loaded stock pack, etc.

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
Thanks again TwoHawks, Well if it doesn't seem to be to hard to fit and that's only if needed, I guess I'll start looking around for prices. I appreciate it. The epoxy used in the laminate shouldn't be porous though, that's why it didn't take to the tung oil real well. If it does though, I not sure whether it might effect it in a negative way or not. But if it looks good and seems to be allright that no worries. Lionseye

P.S. If you just can't stand to keep it anymore because it's too beautiful and just got to get rid of it, you let me know, OK. HAHA :D

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Lionseye...you'll be the first to know! :lol:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.