M14 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
you tube does not have very good instructions for disassembly......can some one point me in the right direction? Much abliged for any help.

·
Registered
70 Posts

·
In the gilded halls of Valhala
13,515 Posts
This thread was reported as a class AA nonphoto posting (posting a recently aquired war relic without photos)
so i am here to read you your rights.

You have the right to purchase firearms and start a thread about it.
You have the right to post with no photographs.
The forum reserves the right to challenge the legitimacy of said rifle's existance without photo evidence.

Anything you say can, and will be used against you in the funny pictures thread.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
The hardest part to take apart is the bolt all the other components are fairly easy... and go easy with the bolt.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Take down starts with bolt, selector on left side of bolt move to top position, then remove bolt, from there take small pin out of front sight blade, use a small punch and drift out, left to right looking from muzzle end of barrel, remove blade the take out small long screw that holds forward stock/ barrel band on remove may take a lite tap with plastic or rubber hammer, the loosen bottom screw on sling barrel band, also might have to tap with mallet, then to lower stock band, hold in the wire retainer with finger and tap or might come off with out, use a small screw driver and apply litte pressure, till retainer clears stock then work back and forth till comes off freely, stock should now be bare, turn bottom side up and remove two bottom to receiver screws, slight tap and upper should come loose from stock, now you trigger assembly had two pins, remove and trigger will be free, that's the best I can remember with out referencing my guides, everything else is self explainatary " Red Neck Spelling" hope this helps and I hope I didn't forget to include something important, one more thing, when you have barrel bands removed upper hand guard will come off, there will be a stamped out ring behind the upper hand guard, it will be to hold UHG in
Place on reassembled, "HOLD" on to small pin as you drift from front sight blade, I'm still looking for mine in my shop, the replacement Sarco sells is the wrong size...anyway good luck..

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This thread was reported as a class AA nonphoto posting (posting a recently aquired war relic without photos)
so i am here to read you your rights.

You have the right to purchase firearms and start a thread about it.
You have the right to post with no photographs.
The forum reserves the right to challenge the legitimacy of said rifle's existance without photo evidence.

Anything you say can, and will be used against you in the funny pictures thread.

Oh great Interwebz Officials, please grant me leiniency. Here are said photos of Great War relic made in 1943. She's a beauty and shoots straight.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Take down starts with bolt, selector on left side of bolt move to top position, then remove bolt, from there take small pin out of front sight blade, use a small punch and drift out, left to right looking from muzzle end of barrel, remove blade the take out small long screw that holds forward stock/ barrel band on remove may take a lite tap with plastic or rubber hammer, the loosen bottom screw on sling barrel band, also might have to tap with mallet, then to lower stock band, hold in the wire retainer with finger and tap or might come off with out, use a small screw driver and apply litte pressure, till retainer clears stock then work back and forth till comes off freely, stock should now be bare, turn bottom side up and remove two bottom to receiver screws, slight tap and upper should come loose from stock, now you trigger assembly had two pins, remove and trigger will be free, that's the best I can remember with out referencing my guides, everything else is self explainatary " Red Neck Spelling" hope this helps and I hope I didn't forget to include something important, one more thing, when you have barrel bands removed upper hand guard will come off, there will be a stamped out ring behind the upper hand guard, it will be to hold UHG in
Place on reassembled, "HOLD" on to small pin as you drift from front sight blade, I'm still looking for mine in my shop, the replacement Sarco sells is the wrong size...anyway good luck..
Thank everybody this was very helpful.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts